• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually its the investigating that leads to evidence. :)
But you need probable cause to launch an investigation and there certainly is plenty of that here.:giggle:

I have been trained and worked professionally in a capacity where developing "probable cause" was an integral element of every arrest I ever made. I can tell you for a fact establishing that the mere existence of an offense is one of the first steps toward accusing an individual of committing that offense. If I couldn't identify a possible offense or reason to believe this individual committed an offense then I couldn't (and didn't) make an arrest or make unsupported comments about having probable cause.

In this context, an actual finding of probable cause cannot occur unless/until an actual offense has been identified. "I saw that vehicle doing 60mph in a 45mph zone", or "the reporting party stated they were assaulted and they show signs of being punched out".

That's how "where's the offense?" becomes a fundamental cannot-skip-it question when it comes to using the term "probable cause".

When TAF transitioned from the $3500/yr "sponsors" to $0 per year under a different nomenclature "Partners" that pretty much guts the implication that $3500/yr is enough to buy sponsor-biased results at the ASB and AQB. Of which nobody has apparently yet been able to identify at this point. Certainly not Baggett or any of his fans on this forum. If this were an appraisal report then a reviewer working to specs would kick it back and stip it for support. Use of "The List" doesn't cut it.

TBH, I have to wonder what reasoning anyone would use to allege how a 13-member "sponsor" group x $3500/yr each would have ever been enough bribe money to purchase for cash value any changes to the work the ASB or AQB are doing. By my count, (13 x $3500 = $45k) isn't a whole lot of money when TAFs revenues are in the millions. Not to mention the point that all those sponsors were professional appraisal orgs.

Perhaps Baggott missed that factual aspect of this transition in his extensive journalistic due diligence. Or, maybe he didn't miss it at all but decided to not address that aspect of the Partner program anyway due to it contradicting his talking points. It's hard to tell which. I suppose the more charitable interpretation is that this omission-of-fact amounts to a lack of competency, because the alternative explanation that it was deliberate would have other implications

1726852200525.png

Last edited:
Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Please investigate the two organizations mentioned in the e-mail.

Regard’s,

Anonymous

I just sent my e-mail in. Simply copy and paste the e-mail from JB and let the real investigators handle it.

eoclass@irs.gov. Feel free to simply email this press release and request an investigation.

Do it. Do it now. Full transparency.

Even Ann O’Rourke has told residential appraisers they should seriously consider leaving the AI.

1726854306617.png

Going back to the pay to play allegation that is being oh-so-casually bandied about. These are the likes of which the critics are talking about "pay to play" in reference to TAFs Partner program. This is only half the list, but the orgs in other half are basically the same types of orgs. Except for REVAA, of course.

Even if they were bribing the ASB or AQB to do something that's inconsistent with the intent of appraisal standards and appraisal qualifications, what would that "inconsistent" be? If nobody can identify an "inconsistent" then what reason to we have to guess or assume or categorically state that the ASB or AQB has acted inconsistently with their stated fundamentals? In exchange for bribe money.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes a lack of any indication of wrongdoing is what it is.

1726854600243.png

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Please investigate the two organizations mentioned in the e-mail.

Regard’s,

Anonymous

I just sent my e-mail in. Simply copy and paste the e-mail from JB and let the real investigators handle it.

eoclass@irs.gov. Feel free to simply email this press release and request an investigation.
Shortly after this email.....several unmarked vehicles with dark tinted windows will pull up to Mejappz's place....

"Hands where we can see them!!! Get down on the ground!! Get your di*k in the dirt!! Don't move!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back