• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 20+ years paying dues to the useless AI, I cancelled my membership last year. Then Cindy Chance came on board, and reading her blogs and articles, I figured AI turned around and come the New Year I will reinstate my membership. Now that she's gone, I guess I'll continue using the $350 for better purposes.

After 20+ years paying dues to the useless AI, I cancelled my membership last year. Then Cindy Chance came on board, and reading her blogs and articles, I figured AI turned around and come the New Year I will reinstate my membership. Now that she's gone, I guess I'll continue using the $350 for better purposes.
Your not the first one. Some of their fees are way higher than what you paid.

Lobbyist money.

I think they got kicked off TAF and then suddenly reappeared.

I don't understand it all. I will be first to admit to you that IDK.

Last edited:
TAF had paying sponsors.... sell outs :ROFLMAO:

what did TAF do with all that sponsor money...hire relman :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

what did TAF do with all that sponsor money...hire relman :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Not unless they saved 100% of the "sponsor" membership money for 12 years before they did it.

Not unless they saved 100% of the "sponsor" membership money for 12 years before they did it.
“After careful consideration, the Appraisal Standards Board has voted to extend the current edition of
USPAP through December 31, 2023,” said ASB Chair Michelle Czekalski Bradley. “The ASB
launched a comprehensive review of the ETHICS RULE in February and just released the resulting
Third Exposure Draft in July. As USPAP matures, revisions such as this will take more time to
conduct the requisite research to ensure changes continue to uphold the public trust. I am proud of
the work we have done, in conjunction with the preeminent fair housing law firm Relman Colfax, to
develop the proposed changes to the ETHICS RULE in the Third Exposure Draft, and the Board
looks forward to receiving public comment on this proposed change

https://www.dos.pa.gov/Professional...20-21 USPAP Extended for until 12.31.2023.pdf

five hundred seventy thousand and thirty one dollars later...:rof: :rof: :rof:

Like I said, TAF would have had to have saved 100% of the "sponsor" fees for 12 or 13 years to come up with enough to pay off the Relman Colfax shakedown. The math doesn't otherwise support your conclusion that the sponsor fees amounted to enough to purchase a result. Which result you have yet to identify. Not to mention the point that the recent revision only amounts to an elaboration on the existing prohibition against personal bias; it doesn't create or add any new elements to those prohibitions.

I know that a lot of people engage with the idea that racial bias is somehow more professionally unethical than any other form of personal bias, except that it isn't. Personal bias is bias and directly conflicts with our professional requirements to act in an impartial and objective manner. Independent of the existing prohibitions in the Civil Rights Act and related state and federal legislation dating back to the 1960s, USPAP and at least a couple of its predecessor codes of conduct at the professional orgs have also required appraisers to act objectively and impartially. All licensees came under direct regulation for that at the state level with the inception of licensing 30+ years ago.

The costuming enhancements haven't added anything new to the IRL requirements of our role as appraisers.

Last edited:
And if someone is going to start complaining about verbiage issues those are originating at the user level, not specifically in USPAP except that meeting user requirements is required under the SOWR, SR1 and SR2. Meaning, these complaints are about user requirements, not any changes that have been made to USPAP.

Some users don't have additional requirements which prohibit reference to "church" or "graffiti" or whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back