• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I'm an appraiser in the Chicago aera. Just looking for some opinions. Is this market so slow that looking at molasses on a tree is faster?

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
I gave you your first thumbs up for that one, Alan.

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I posted in a different section of this site asking the same thing. Unbelievable May. Almost 1/2 the year gone and I'm so far off track it's ridiculous. I think people are afraid of what is going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I wish I could tell the country, It's time to exhale.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I keep reading that the market is going to explode.... but that doesn't necessarily mean for appraisers...

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
well now i'm depressed. my volume is down by 50% this year and i just checked year to year volume in my 10 most recently completed appraisals and and only one shows fewer sales than last year. every other area shows 10 - 25% more sales this year than in the same time frame last year. maybe there are fewer refis but there sure are plenty of sales. oh well - this too shall pass. whether it is good or bad, nothing lasts forever.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Not true in my markets. The heat is on. :shrug:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I think people are afraid of what is going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
No, it is what is going on at 3900 Wisconsin Avenue, NW AND that revolves around them funding hedge fund bonds to buy up rental properties and deprive the market of listings.

Dumpers14

Professional Status
State
Georgia
It's not slow. It's actually moving. But only moving for all the sub $300 appraisers out there.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
id love someone who is thinking of moving to the east coast to move to the dc area where it is non stop frickin slammed! hell, id even help you get clients!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks