• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Asked AI ChatGPT if AI was going to Replace Appraisers...here is what it said back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be like pulling the curtain on the wizard of oz and finding bill gates
Do you believe in collective knowledge, or are you skeptical about reality in general?

HUD cited examples of appraisal bias where appraisers’ city/neighborhood descriptions included race stats, which were clearly just copy and pasted from Wikipedia and City Data. I think asking AI to write neighborhood descriptions is lazy and it could result in similar issues. If a client can go to a chatbot to get the analysis, what value is the appraiser actually providing by just parroting the chatbot?

I agree it might be useful as an editor for those who have a difficult time communicating. But if you already know how to write then I think it’s a time suck, because it sometimes produces garbage.

I believe I t is naive to think chatbot can’t/won’t be programmed to support a political or commercial agenda.

ask it if epstien hung himself
It actually talks a lot about the conspiracy LOL. This tool is awesome for people to learn about things in a communicative way. I imagine in the future there will be similar services that can use graphs, pictures, and include references to source material. Edit: Just to be clear, I doubt epstein killed himself. He had friends in extremely high places and just lived a weird life in general. He was probably a USA/Israel or some other gov secret-agent

1674324725401.png

HUD cited examples of appraisal bias where appraisers’ city/neighborhood descriptions included race stats, which were clearly just copy and pasted from Wikipedia and City Data. I think asking AI to write neighborhood descriptions is lazy and it could result in similar issues. If a client can go to a chatbot to get the analysis, what value is the appraiser actually providing by just parroting the chatbot?

I agree it might be useful as an editor for those who have a difficult time communicating. But if you already know how to write then I think it’s a time suck, because it sometimes produces garbage.

I believe I t is naive to think chatbot can’t/won’t be programmed to support a political or commercial agenda.
Makes you wonder why the US take the census in the first place. Certainly not the reasons they say, allocation of resources, etc.

1674326853773.png
According to HUD secretary Fudge this is an area that is restrictive to blacks only (not diverse) and she used to be the mayor there so she should be a good source (assuming shes honest). I'm sure any area you put in will give it a positive spin and subjective things. I would doubt chatgpt would say things like, it has one of the lowest ranked schools or high crime.

That would be an example of a troublesome neighborhood description if included in an appraisal report.

It is just another high-tech venue for dissemination of propaganda and mass-population brainwashing. Do you think it comes up with its answers on its own? Or do you think that the "secret sauce" (read: algorhythms) put in by the programmers steer you towards the warped world view they might be advocating?

All I can say is .... F this high tech world. It is not one I want to have any part of. If you need it to help you think .... well, good luck to you. 1984 has arrived.

You are right. They have already started heavily censoring its content so once the easily offended/woketards capture it (like they do everything else), it will be ruined.

Its open source though, so perhaps there will be uncensored versions that you can pay to use. Like one for Blue tribe and one for Red...parallel economy of sorts.

They are saying it is going to replace Google which sounds like perhaps a more level playing field in the advertising realm. Google has too much control. This may knock em off their pedestal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back