• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bidumbnomics

The news is out - we have a record number of people who are working two FULL-TIME jobs and more working a part-time second job.

Full employment now means having two jobs :)

The news is out - we have a record number of people who are working two FULL-TIME jobs and more working a part-time second job.

Years ago I knew of one appraiser who also worked at Starbucks. When he got his business going, he worked as full time appraiser. Good for him.

When he got his business going, he worked as full time appraiser.
In the last recession I ran into an appraiser working at Office Depot. I knew another who sold insurance and dropped his license. Several that went to work for banks or the assessor. One who went to work for the assessor later became assessor and then appointed as the head of the state agency that handles assessment issues.

In the last recession I ran into an appraiser working at Office Depot. I knew another who sold insurance and dropped his license. Several that went to work for banks or the assessor. One who went to work for the assessor later became assessor and then appointed as the head of the state agency that handles assessment issues.
Yup. I'm one of those. Best career decision I ever made.
Went from 25page engagements filled with ridiculousness and stips from idiots that don't read for $275 to "John I need you to revalue all the land under the (mega-giant pharma) manufacturing facilities then figure out why (new community) is so screwed up and rejigger it for (new guy) to take over."
okey dokey then
YMMV

Last edited:
This for anyone here that ever quoted this lunatic in support of their position.

Transports literally got crushed today, down 3.4% on fear.

My daughter had been laid off since last summer. She's been having many interviews almost daily but no offers.
With all the layoffs in High Tech, the job market is very competitive, and I was worried about the economy not hiring.
Today she got an offer.:giggle:
It's a full remote job (she can live anywhere in the country) and she will earn more money than I'd made few years ago and with benefits.
It wasn't easy but with her determination and hard work, she got her dream job.
I have optimism for our economy going forward.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back