• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bidumbnomics

This downturn could be temporary, like in 1987. But remember then a lot of margin calls caught people with their pants down and they had to sell at rock bottom only to watch the stock recover within days. That could happen again, and in fact, would be surprised if it doesn't. And that almost certainly means volatility increases and many of the zombie companies are going to go under or dissolve. And it probably means that there will be more layoffs as companies shed employees and cut expenses. I think 3rd Q results will be grim and if the FED blinks and drops rates more than a half point, inflation is almost certain making the plight of the unemployed much worse and everyone else tighten their belts...and this is the start of Christmas buying season, right? I mean early shoppers are in September.
I see opportunities. Besides bargain stock prices, I'm surprise 30 year mortgage rates have dropped almost 1% from its high.
With interest rates going down, expect more activity in real estate.

how well do economies do, during war time?

Middle East crisis threatens to explode as Biden looks set to retaliate for rocket blast that hit American soldiers - while military scrambles destroyers and fighter jets

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin announced Monday night that the US was deploying additional fighters, carrier strike groups, ballistic missile defense-capable cruisers and destroyers to the region.

:whistle:
Iran had to respond to the assassination of Hamas leader. If the attack in Iraq is a tit for tat (US with final tat), this potential explosive situation in Middle East will be contained.
Unfortunately, American lives were lost.

LL Flooring will shut 94 of its 442 stores, which are spread out across 47 states, to cut costs and make the company attractive to a buyer. The retailer, which specializes in hardwood flooring, has faced falling sales over the past year as families cut back on remodelling their homes. As well as cutting costs under the Chapter 11 bankruptcy, bosses at LL Flooring are talking to several potential buyers for the 30-year-old company.​

Another 1,000+ jobs down the tubes.

And another one bites the dust and another one ....

The parent company of movie rental service Redbox has filed for bankruptcy on rocky footing, after months of financial struggles. Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (CSSE) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Wilmington, Delaware, on Friday, with nearly $1 billion in debt.

CPI came out today and it's less than 3% compared to 9% in 2022.
Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back