• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cindy Chance

So we're belittling people without college degrees? I worked hard for mine, the best 7 years of my life, but it by no means signifies intelligence or writing skills. As Steve Martin so aptly put it: Some people have a way with words, and uh....other people not have way.

AMCs are never going away, too much easy money to be made. Likewise, neither are hybrids. I've been doing the inspection side of those for 5 years and they just keep coming. And as soon as AI develops a way to have the HO walk through the house with a combo of Lidar and photos Data Collectors will be extinct as well.

Baggot is shedding some light on institutions that some here feel are honorable and ethical. So it’s difficult when people that have spent 30+ years thinking that start to realize they have been lied to. I understand the dilemma that some here have with having their feelings hurt over these organizations being exposed as being corrupt.

It’s a tough pill to swallow. I get it.

they are in denial... :ROFLMAO:

We are of course not talking pre-2008. That is BS on your part, more obfuscation. Your are indeed a die-hard apologist for the current state of things, with only a few exceptions.

Although one can always argue that dissent is good. But intelligent dissent would be preferred.

---
---
You made a comment. I responded directly to that comment as written. Now you want to alter "what you meant to say" after the fact as a means of accusing me of obfuscation or apologizing, when in fact I did neither.

Maybe you should consider pre-reading your own comments out loud before you post them so you'll understand what other people are seeing in them.
1726778140575.png

Baggot is shedding some light on institutions that some here feel are honorable and ethical. So it’s difficult when people that have spent 30+ years thinking that start to realize they have been lied to. I understand the dilemma that some here have with having their feelings hurt over these organizations being exposed as being corrupt.

It’s a tough pill to swallow. I get it.
Nobody is arguing that "expedient" has resulted in "perfect". But by the same measure a call for actual improvement is pretty useless when there's no actual improvement being suggested.

Everything he and others have criticized about these agencies and orgs basically comes down to mundane HR issues that can and do occur in virtually all types of groups. The current and past controversies at the AI mgt being another example of that similar to what has occurred at virtually all the other professional orgs in their own time. I have never heard of a trade union or a church or a PTA that didn't have internal politics issues at one point or another. If this forum was an organized group it is apparent that we would be having mundane HR issues, too.

Get rid of people altogether and we won't have these HR issues. So how do we go about doing that in these activities?

And as soon as AI develops a way to have the HO walk through the house with a combo of Lidar and photos Data Collectors will be extinct as well.
This "have the homeowner do the work for us" has gone gangbusters.

Received a letter from our homeowners insurance. They stated that they needed to see the home to make an accurate assessment for replacement costs. This our right and it's in your contract. I stated "fine, when do you want to come and have a look?"

They told me "No, we don't have any agents to do this. "You" are to supply us with the photos from your cell phone from scanning the QR code in your letter."

So I go to their website, look at what it entails to provide them the information, for free I might add, and refuse to do it. You want to see it, you come and get it.

The wife freaked out a little bit thinking they would drop us. I told her we have a rental, three cars, and this house with them. Do you think they'll drop us and lose that income? Besides, no matter how good, accurate my photos are, the rate is going to raise. Everyone's are.

Sure enough, without lifting a finger or hearing back from them, we get our new policy with a rate increase. I'm tired of working for or doing extras "for free."

Large corporations are getting rid of their staff, increasing their bottom line, and having you do the work for them for free folks.

This "have the homeowner do the work for us" has gone gangbusters.

Received a letter from our homeowners insurance. They stated that they needed to see the home to make an accurate assessment for replacement costs. This our right and it's in your contract. I stated "fine, when do you want to come and have a look?"

They told me "No, we don't have any agents to do this. "You" are to supply us with the photos from your cell phone from scanning the QR code in your letter."

So I go to their website, look at what it entails to provide them the information, for free I might add, and refuse to do it. You want to see it, you come and get it.

The wife freaked out a little bit thinking they would drop us. I told her we have a rental, three cars, and this house with them. Do you think they'll drop us and lose that income? Besides, no matter how good, accurate my photos are, the rate is going to raise. Everyone's are.

Sure enough, without lifting a finger or hearing back from them, we get our new policy with a rate increase. I'm tired of working for or doing extras "for free."

Large corporations are getting rid of their staff, increasing their bottom line, and having you do the work for them for free folks.
I've never seen insurance go down ever. And there's a million insurance companies. I'm sure not going to do their work for them. Screw em.

So we're belittling people without college degrees? I worked hard for mine, the best 7 years of my life, but it by no means signifies intelligence or writing skills. As Steve Martin so aptly put it: Some people have a way with words, and uh....other people not have way.
I didn't finish my degree until I needed it to be admitted as an MAI candidate at AI, but it did help me get a couple of jobs along the way. It took me so long I started at Memphis State and graduated from University of Memphis, lol. Only Zoe will get it.

I've never seen insurance go down ever. And there's a million insurance companies. I'm sure not going to do their work for them. Screw em.
Another scam is going to those restaurants where you cook the food yourself with the Wok that's in the middle of the table. Then the waiter or waitress wants a tip for bringing you raw food. It's exhausting.

It's one thing if you want a chocolate shake and some French fries and have to push the buttons on the color screen...it's quite a different story when a corporation wants something and they want "you" to provide it for them....up theirs :)

I didn't finish my degree until I needed it to be admitted as an MAI candidate at AI, but it did help me get a couple of jobs along the way. It took me so long I started at Memphis State and graduated from University of Memphis, lol. Only Zoe will get it.
I thought a BA Business Admin would provide a good fallback position for the rest of my life. Not so.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back