• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Class Action For The Theft Of Appraisers’ Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't control data but our input and vetting of it for appraisals is confidential to the appraisal intended users/use. Even if the suit goes nowhere, which is likely, it does show these entities appraisers have the ability to seek legal counsel and stand up for themselves...so far very little to none of that has been shown, how has that been working out ?

Anyone can file a suit against anyone for any reason.

if that were true then someone would have filed a lawsuit at some point over the last 2+ decades.

Maybe the sleeping bear has awoken with all the other intellectual property discussions going on around them?
Is it true? I don't know, but that's my read on it. A court will decide.

I never expected that data collection or reporting services would actually collect and report my data...

upload_2018-10-24_16-19-39.jpeg

My position is that the lender/client or assignees are NEVER relieved of the restrictions of the 2nd sentence without prior implicit consent from the appraiser.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is not what the words say in plain English :)

What would the purpose of distributing the data to a data collection or reporting services be?

Records retention for when loans go belly up, those records can be compared against the appraiser's records to see if anyone altered the unsecured XML file.

Cause no one wants to be caught dumping files in dumpsters.

Records retention for when loans go belly up, those records can be compared against the appraiser's records to see if anyone altered the unsecured XML file.

Cause no one wants to be caught dumping files in dumpsters.

again Denial: not a river in Egypt.

Rex, if they bring a suit, it is not a River in Egypt. It will make headlines.

They should bring a mob. They will get more positive coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back