• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Class Action For The Theft Of Appraisers’ Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Wells F if you can do what you want without penalties? Ask several others?

upload_2018-10-24_15-34-37.jpeg

Cert 21. Bwaahaahaahaa...!

Reactions: Eli
But, as my last post on this topic anyway, I will just say I am still fairly busy these days, and still working on my longer range plans for when I may not be so busy with mortgage related work. I am more realist than anything, and may dislike something (like the AMC model) while still accepting its reality and my continuing choice to remain in this profession. I will always have the freedom to choose my profession!

the power of being an independent contractor :)

There is a "disconnect" because the second sentence doe sot apply to any party addressed in the first sentence. A simple reading of the text shows that the second sentence only applies to parties other than those addressed in the first sentence (which includes data collection and reporting services).

View attachment 37357

By distributing the report to the parties of the 1st sentence relieves all parties to engage in the activities prohibited in the 2nd sentence? Is that your position on this?

My position is that the lender/client or assignees are NEVER relieved of the restrictions of the 2nd sentence without prior implicit consent from the appraiser.

What would the purpose of distributing the data to a data collection or reporting services be?

cant steal intellectual property legally. No way around it. You can rob a bank where the deposits were not intended for you, but there are consequences.

good thing FNMA isn't stealing it then huh? you can't steal what is given to you freely.

But rather, were just the unknowing slaves to be stolen from, in both scenarios.

can't possibly happen this way IF one reads what they sign. you give permission when using a FNMA form.

My position is that the lender/client or assignees are NEVER relieved of the restrictions of the 2nd sentence without prior implicit consent from the appraiser.

if that were true then someone would have filed a lawsuit at some point over the last 2+ decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back