• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does Minimum Wage Increase Help Or Hurt The Appraisal Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are discussing is only true if everybody across the board gets a similar pay increase. Which of course doesn't change anything, because it's just straight-up inflation.

Do you have real world examples of countries becoming prosperous simply because the raised the minimum wage?
don't believe the point is that raising the minimum wage causes prosperity, but rather allowing folks to be able to support themselves and narrow the wage gap that is a serious issue.

What a strange phrase.

I'm uncertain of what exactly holds people back in the land of opportunity.
Clearly not paying attention and clearly born on 3rd base--usually the genesis of such attitudes.

What a strange phrase.

I'm uncertain of what exactly holds people back in the land of opportunity.

Gee I guess a low min wage is one of those things holding people back, and growing up with addicted parents or a terrible neighborhood does not help either- do you like in a cartoon world , oblivious to the fact that in the land of opportunity there is a large homeless and jobless population ( among them veterans with PTSD yeah that will hold somebody back...or do you like in a different America?

Are there not scores of successful people who had addicted parents or grew up in the hood? I thought all the programs like Head Start, Big Brother/Sister, Summer jobs Programs and affirmative action was going to end all the disenfranchisement.

Who knew that raising the minimum wage was all it took to erase all the obstacles?

Large homeless and jobless populations outside of mental issues and/or PTSD is by choice. Conscious or not. Those with mental deficiencies or PTSD and related veteran issue should be well taken care of. The rest? Pffft. Let their family take of them. Ever wonder how many favors, governmental programs or helping hands one must burn through before landing on the street? Scores of them.

Are there not scores of successful people who had addicted parents or grew up in the hood? I thought all the programs like Head Start, Big Brother/Sister, Summer jobs Programs and affirmative action was going to end all the disenfranchisement.

Who knew that raising the minimum wage was all it took to erase all the obstacles?

Large homeless and jobless populations outside of mental issues and/or PTSD is by choice. Conscious or not. Those with mental deficiencies or PTSD and related veteran issue should be well taken care of. The rest? Pffft. Let their family take of them. Ever wonder how many favors, governmental programs or helping hands one must burn through before landing on the street? Scores of them.

Don't have the time to look where anyone stated that raising the minimum wage would "erase all the obstacles" (don't suspect I'd ever find such a contention). Such blatant simplification is laughable--and a fairly common tactic by some.

................ there is a large homeless and jobless population.......

According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's Annual Homeless Assessment Report, as of 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States on a given night, or 0.17% of the population.

There are more jobs than people out of work, something the American economy has never experienced before. There are 6.7 million job openings and just 6.4 million available workers to fill them, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Jun 5, 2018

Don't have the time to look where anyone stated that raising the minimum wage would "erase all the obstacles" (don't suspect I'd ever find such a contention). Such blatant simplification is laughable--and a fairly common tactic by some.

Give us your list of corrections that need to be made to ensure the greatest number of successful people. Have at it Pete. Make it as complicated or convoluted as you'd like. You love to take pot shots, let's see what you got.

Give us your list of corrections that need to be made to ensure the greatest number of successful people. Have at it Pete. Make it as complicated or convoluted as you'd like. You love to take pot shots, let's see what you got.
No one talking about guaranteeing success either--I see you don't quite get the idea of folks in need. :eyecrazy: That is unless "success" equates to having a roof over one's head, lack of hunger, etc.

According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's Annual Homeless Assessment Report, as of 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States on a given night, or 0.17% of the population.

There are more jobs than people out of work, something the American economy has never experienced before. There are 6.7 million job openings and just 6.4 million available workers to fill them, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Jun 5, 2018
554,000 homeless folks sounds like an issue to me. But not like it rises to the level of a national emergency! :rof::rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back