• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

"Of the seven states hit by Helene, 21 percent of the homes in coastal counties had flood insurance, but only 0.8% of the homes located within inland counties had flood insurance."

Unless I was on a lake or river, I wouldn't have flood insurance either. The storm was such an anomaly.

I give regularly to the Salvation Army. And churches give regularly from Mennonite to Catholic to Baptist. But you don't give 4 Fs for them do you? Then find a secular group that does more. Go donate. I did.

Trump regaled donors with jokes about rallygoer killed by would-be assassin: leaked audio​

"Donald Trump mocked the widow of his supporter killed by a would-be assassin's bullet at one of his rallies, according to a leaked audio recording of him speaking to donors in Colorado."

Just for sh1ts and giggles, let's pretend this story is correct....
Who's worse....
Trump for telling a joke or his supporters laughing at the joke....
Or....
ucb for not giving 4 Fs about either the victim or his widow....

Douglas Lake rose over 21 feet. As expected, water made its way from the Nolichucky, Pigeon & French Broad Rivers after the insane flooding in the mountain towns. Look at the debris sitting in Douglas Lake now. Trees, propane tanks, people's homes & lives from up in those mountains...and we can only imagine what else. That amount of water "equates to 182 billion gallons, which is enough water to fill Neyland Stadium 661 times." Speechless.

View attachment 91991
That just breaks my heart. Probaby some people in there and tons of dead things.

God only knows what else is in there. Jewlery, cash, precious valuables memorables. That is bad.

He's self insured. What so complicated?
The complication is getting to the people that need the help the most. This particular self insured person was rich and not getting on national news to cry for help from anybody.

State, Federal, local, whoever. He was not happy. But he did not need help.

I don't know how govt irons out helping people that had no insurance and lost everything.

No, Biden didn’t take FEMA relief money to use on migrants — but Trump did​

Donald Trump falsely accuses President Biden of redirecting disaster funds, a budget maneuver Trump himself approved in 2019.

The Harris-Biden administration says they don’t have any money [for hurricane relief]. … They spent it all on illegal migrants. … They stole the FEMA money just like they stole it from a bank, so they could give it to their illegal immigrants that they want to have vote for them.”
— Former president Donald Trump, remarks at a campaign rally in Saginaw, Mich., Oct. 3
Trump has been trying to weaponize the Hurricane Helene relief efforts, accusing the Biden administration of failing to provide adequate assistance. As part of his critique, he claims that there is no money available for hurricane relief because it was spent already to handle the surge of migrants at the southern border.

“They stole the FEMA money just like they stole it from a bank,” Trump charged, referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, adding in the additional falsehood that Vice President Kamala Harris wants illegal immigrants to vote for her. As we have explained many times before, this would be against the law and there is no evidence to support this claim.

Trump’s claims have been echoed by his supporters, such as billionaire Elon Musk. But Trump is completely wrong.

Even though Trump was once president, he still appears to have little clue about the appropriations process. What’s even richer is that when he was president, he did exactly what he claims Biden did — take money from FEMA’s disaster fund to fund migrant programs at the southern border.

Even though Trump was once president, he still appears to have little clue about the appropriations process. What’s even richer is that when he was president, he did exactly what he claims Biden did — take money from FEMA’s disaster fund to fund migrant programs at the southern border.​

The Facts​

Trump regaled donors with jokes about rallygoer killed by would-be assassin: leaked audio​

"Donald Trump mocked the widow of his supporter killed by a would-be assassin's bullet at one of his rallies, according to a leaked audio recording of him speaking to donors in Colorado."

Just for sh1ts and giggles, let's pretend this story is correct....
Who's worse....
Trump for telling a joke or his supporters laughing at the joke....
Or....
ucb for not giving 4 Fs about either the victim or his widow....
I would say all three suck

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back