• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

Some houses do hold up to it -roofs, straps, and windows are storm-rated and rated to withstand different wind MPH. Raising homes on stilts as well as other designs mitiage damage -

The problem is that many states lack stringent building codes similar to those implemented in Florida after Hurricane Andrew.

Hey idiot... they are on a mountain. They aren't in flood zones. And this mud/water/debris will rip every building in pieces that it comes in contact with. It would snap a stilt like a toothpick. Nothing would withstand this kind of power.
The boxcar in the photo you posted weighs between 15 and 20 tons EMPTY. Imagine the force it took to pick it up and wrap it around that pole

How much have you donated throughout your adult life to their plights....
I give regularly to the Salvation Army. And churches give regularly from Mennonite to Catholic to Baptist. But you don't give 4 Fs for them do you? Then find a secular group that does more. Go donate. I did.

many states lack stringent building codes similar to those implemented in Florida after Hurricane Andrew.
Even those standards won't hold up to a wall of water...wind is not the problem.

Hey idiot... they are on a mountain. They aren't in flood zones. And this mud/water/debris will rip every building in pieces that it comes in contact with. It would snap a stilt like a toothpick. Nothing would withstand this kind of power.
It does not matter if they are in a designated flood zone. Any house anywhere can be flooded, especially if rivers rise and standing water saturates the ground.

Building codes are storm rated - Cat 1 storm wind mph up to Cat 4 etc.

I give regularly to the Salvation Army. And churches give regularly from Mennonite to Catholic to Baptist. But you don't give 4 Fs for them do you? Then find a secular group that does more. Go donate. I did.
I don't give a F....

What have you don't directly to the victims of Helene....

Trump, GOP, and FOX are making this disaster political attacking Harris for not being there, blah, blah, blah.

I hope some of these people can get both federal and state assistance. I would feel like my tax dollars were well spent. Of course States are different in their State tax laws and how it is distributed on assistance.

I hope many of them can get assistance from insurance, Federal or State tax dollars.

I hope some of these people can get both federal and state assistance. I would feel like my tax dollars were well spent. Of course States are different in their State tax laws and how it is distributed on assistance.

I hope many of them can get assistance from insurance, Federal or State tax dollars.
Federal and state assistance for infrastructure. Otherwise why buy insurance for homeowners.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back