• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

Kamala is clueless. Reading from a prepared statement and making a big deal about people getting $750. SMH
WNC taxpayer: Looks like I am paying $750 in taxes this year...
Sorry I spent the rest

Unless I was on a lake or river, I wouldn't have flood insurance either. The storm was such an anomaly.

I don’t currently have insurance. While I'm not in an evacuation zone or a high-risk area, many people down here, can't afford the cost of insurance is just too high to manage.

I don’t currently have insurance. While I'm not in an evacuation zone or a high-risk area, many people down here, can't afford the cost of insurance is just too high to manage.
I see insurance premiums gone extremely high in recent years. Some offers are putting insurance clauses to back out of deals if can't get insurance.

Several Republican governors and senators from storm-battered states that could prove pivotal in the 2024 election have praised FEMA’s response. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) on Friday offered a robust defense of the federal recovery efforts so far.
“I’m actually impressed with how much attention was paid to a region that wasn’t likely to have experienced the impact that they did,” Tillis told reporters, adding, “I’m out here to say that we’re doing a good job, and those who may not be on the ground, who are making those assessments, ought to get on the ground.”

But some residents of western North Carolina have lamented that federal assistance has not yet reached them.
“Nobody has come for us,” said Josh Paul, founder and president of Anchor Ridge, a western North Carolina-based nonprofit supporting families across Appalachia. “Of course it takes a long time for the government to respond, but not a lot of people have heard from them.”
FEMA is at the center of a number of debates about the administration’s ability to respond to the crisis — fueled in part by the agency’s comments but also by mischaracterizations or incorrect information repeated on social media about the agency’s response.
Politicians and others have spread false information about the response to the storm on social media. For example, some have claimed that the agency has run out of disaster response money and that hurricane victims can only receive $750 in federal assistance.

https://eb2.3lift.com/pass?tl_click...&btac=1&ts=1728087458&bcud=5382&ss=7&cb=79309
W

Several right-wing influencers have used their large online followings to amplify these claims on X, which has declined to remove these posts or label them as misleading. The trend underscores how election-year politics — combined with lax misinformation policies by major tech platforms — are complicating efforts to keep communities safe.

Bush was hammered for exactly the same reason after Katrina. No one is prepared for something of this magnitude nor were they prepared for Katrina.

That is more Shields bull****.

U.S. News & World Report writes: "Katrina ... illustrated the perils that presidents face when they fail to deal with such calamities in a timely and efficient way, as George W. Bush discovered a decade ago. Strange as it may seem at this time of instant communication and the 24-hour news cycle, Bush didn't pay attention to the biggest news story of the moment because he was on vacation and allowed himself to get isolated from the country."

Last edited:
https://www.FEMA.gov/press-release/...nd-rumors-and-confirm-facts-related-hurricane

FEMA deploys to rough terrain after Helene as it faces criticism, fights misinformation​

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is facing logistical challenges and fighting false rumors as it responds to Helene, which made landfall as a major hurricane about a week ago.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has deployed more than a thousand personnel and millions of meals and liters of water to the communities hard hit by Helene, but is struggling to reach some communities deep in mountainous and remote areas of North Carolina that were most affected by the storm.

FEMA has deployed more than 1,500 personnel to respond to Helene. As of Friday, the agency had shipped more than 11.5 million meals, more than 12.6 million liters of water, more than 400,000 tarps and 150 generators to the affected region. The agency sent a similar number of personnel — roughly 2,000 — to Florida and the Southeast a week after Hurricane Ian struck there in 2022, according to a news release.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...ene-relief-money-misinformation-conspiracies/

Last edited:

FEMA deploys to rough terrain after Helene as it faces criticism, fights misinformation​

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is facing logistical challenges and fighting false rumors as it responds to Helene, which made landfall as a major hurricane about a week ago.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has deployed more than a thousand personnel and millions of meals and liters of water to the communities hard hit by Helene, but is struggling to reach some communities deep in mountainous and remote areas of North Carolina that were most affected by the storm.

FEMA has deployed more than 1,500 personnel to respond to Helene. As of Friday, the agency had shipped more than 11.5 million meals, more than 12.6 million liters of water, more than 400,000 tarps and 150 generators to the affected region. The agency sent a similar number of personnel — roughly 2,000 — to Florida and the Southeast a week after Hurricane Ian struck there in 2022, according to a news release.

And Biden was where?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back