• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

That is just an opinion of some on the left, - with TDS syndrome.

You are arguing against your own opinion here. This is the so-called "Straw Man" argument

I agree that the tax cut probably was weighted to heavily to benefit the rich. But this need to be analyzed more carefully and I simply don't have tie to do my own analysis. I wouldn't hold it against anyone to question the engineering of Trump's tax cut. On the other hand, when the Democrats spend taxes to help illegal migrants they let cross the border - who cause more damage than they cost in taxes, that is clearly egregious. I can question the efficacy of Trumps policies, but argue there is absolutely no efficacy to Democrat policies - which are on the contrary quite damaging to the country's economy. Case in point the current bankrupt status of FEMA in the face of Helene and now it appears a fresh new hurricane disaster in Florida.

And Obama was disingenuous in utilizing the funds from that "stimulas".

QUOTE="J Grant, post: 3425653, member: 116138"]
Trump took over a rebounding economy after Obama did the heavy lifting to rebuild it over 8 years.

Here you go with a what-about instead of addressing the reality that the MAGA covers is now a 24/7 disinformation machine. That is not an opinion; it is a fact because nearly all the info and claims they make, whether from a leader, a media personality, or on social media, contains a falsehood or twisting of the truth. You could fact-check each one it as well as I can

Giving your opinion of Obama or a reference to a random mistake from any individual does not address the problem. It is just an evasion that is part of the propaganda playbook.

From North Carolina’s biggest newspaper:

Shame on Donald Trump for worsening NC’s Helene tragedy with political lies

The pathological liar will never change his spots. The story about The Scorpion and the Frog comes to mind with the frog being MAGA.
My bad. It wasn’t just the biggest newspaper in NC it was the two biggest.

But, hey, why should that stop anyone here from regurgitating anecdotal tidbits, at best, and flat out lies, at worst, about a national disaster for political gain?

The joint editorial board of North Carolina's two largest newspapers, The Charlotte Observer and The News & Observer, rebuked former President Donald Trump on Saturday over his false claims about the federal response to Hurricane Helene.

Last edited:
Here you go with a what-about instead of addressing the reality that the MAGA covers is now a 24/7 disinformation machine. That is not an opinion; it is a fact because nearly all the info and claims they make, whether from a leader, a media personality, or on social media, contains a falsehood or twisting of the truth. You could fact-check each one it as well as I can

Giving your opinion of Obama or a reference to a random mistake from any individual does not address the problem. It is just an evasion that is part of the propaganda playbook.

I sometimes drop in to listen to MSNBC and CNN - and we can certainly say the same of them - going back to 2016. I have taken the time to investigate many of the false claims they have made about Trump in the past. I know their techniques in detail. They are applied so massively - it is nearly impossible to argue or counter all of them. People on the street don't have to hear and counter all of the lies and false arguments - even if the Trump supporters had time to dish out the details. It is really too much BS to deal with.

The problem Trump supporters have is trying to figure out how to deal with the anti-Trump BS, -- and to a certain extent they have little choice but counter it with the same kind of integrity. So, that creates a kind of stalemate.

Good for you TDS'ers! You can point the finger in the other direction, while the Trump supporters point the finger in your direction. Yes, it is just too much BS at this level.

Each side sets up their filters for disinformation, locking themselves into information sources they consider trutfhful and blocking sources the consider highly biased.

As a consequence you do not get any real discussion, - just one side lobbing artillery shells at the other.

As it is with this conversation. You are not really listening to me. And if I force myself to listen to you, not that any of your arguments have anything close to robust logic or fact of any degree of veracity, not that they are worth listening to, but just as a matter of statement of fact that not everyone agrees with your point of view, a mere bombardment with more artillery shells, if you will.

I sometimes drop in to listen to MSNBC and CNN - and we can certainly say the same of them - going back to 2016. I have taken the time to investigate many of the false claims they have made about Trump in the past. I know their techniques in detail. They are applied so massively - it is nearly impossible to argue or counter all of them. People on the street don't have to hear and counter all of the lies and false arguments - even if the Trump supporters had time to dish out the details. It is really too much BS to deal with.

The problem Trump supporters have is trying to figure out how to deal with the anti-Trump BS, -- and to a certain extent they have little choice but counter it with the same. So, that creates a kind of stalemate.

Good for you TDS'ers! You can point the finger in the other direction, while the Trump supporters point the finger in the other direction. Yes, it is just too much BS at this level.

Each side sets up their filters for disinformation, locking themselves into information sources they consider trutfhful and blocking sources the consider highly biased.

As a consequence you do not get any real discussion, - just one side lobbing artillery shells at the other.

As it is with this conversation. You are not really listening to me. And if I force myself to listen to you, not that any of your arguments have anything close to robust logic or fact of any degree of veracity, not that they are worth listening to, but just as a matter of statement of fact that not everyone agrees with your point of view, a mere bombardment with more artillery shells, if you will.
I skimmed your post - as expected, it is just more what about calling us TDS- it has nothing to do with that or even Trump himself at this point since he has spawned a lot of clones that cover up for the Elecon steal lie and spread disinformation because he taught them it was a way to seize and retain power and influence a base steeped in conspiracy theory belief..

Do the many Republican high-ranking leaders, and former Trump staff, including Mike Pence and some army Generals who warn about Trump, do they have TDS too?

It has nothing to do with conservative vs. liberal ( the ethical conservatives are anti-MAGA as well ). It is about truth vs. evidence and fact . -at what point did it become acceptable to repeat lies and falsehoods as a norm -

Pretty sure I saw a photo of Biden throwing paper towels to flood victims.

I skimmed your post - as expected, it is just more what about calling us TDS- it has nothing to do with that
That is a matter of opinion. You are free to provide some kind of proof that what you said is the absolute truth. --- But that will NOT happen. You couldn't put together a cogent logical argument based on verifiable fact. For one thing you do not comprehend the meaning of "verifiable." For another your definitions of terms are pretty sloppy.

or even Trump himself at this point since he has spawned a lot of clones that cover up for the Elecon steal lie and spread disinformation because he taught them it was a way to seize and retain power and influence a base steeped in conspiracy theory belief..

Again, this is a matter of opinion and making critical assumptions, one way or another. There certainly was election fraud, the exact extent we will never know for sure.

Do the many Republican high-ranking leaders, and former Trump staff, including Mike Pence and some army Generals who warn about Trump, do they have TDS too?

There are varying levels of criticism from other leaders, some of whom would deserve being accused of behavior patterns that fall under the definition of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

YOU - you strike me as primarily one of the sheep, one of the followers of the TDS crowd. You mimic their accusations but lack the intellectual foundation to do more than repeat their common mantras.

It has nothing to do with conservative vs. liberal ( the ethical conservatives are anti-MAGA as well ).
Are you really serious? Of course it has "something" to do with conservative vs liberal. But, the political spectrum is made up of at least four poles or two dimensions or four "quadrants"

Yea, Trump is really not that conservative. On the economy, he is in the center, supporting social security in its current form, he is somewhat conservative on social issues, but not extremely so.

It is about truth vs. evidence and fact . -at what point did it become acceptable to repeat lies and falsehoods as a norm -

Ask yourself that.

Last edited:
It; 's not a matter of opinions or stray anecdotes.

Look at how many times I, John Hassler, Mike Ault, and several others fact-checked false info in MAGA posts here in the past 2 months in the WC and related threads. The posters could have fact-checked for themselves, of course.

They ignored us or posted cartoons or made about isms or insulted us or bought up random past incidents accusing a democrat (of something) yet they could not refute the facts wrt teh falsehoods they posted..

Fact checking would be a 24/ 7 job and we only have a small portion of time to devote to it and I take no pleasure in it. I did it because I find it disturbing that a sizeable segment of fellow citizens have gone down the rabbit hole -

'Lies' as much as we breathe: Dowd slams Trump's conspiracy theory on FEMA money​

What is wrong with you all?

Everything Trump has ever told is true.

Are you crazy or something?

You should not have bit me. What is your definition of truth?

Jesus said I am the truth. Pontious Pilot said what is truth?

Maga has a problem with truth.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back