• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

US is different from Venezuelan politics and their checks and balances. Trump behaving like a dictator won't work in US.
Trump had a helluva lot less executive orders overturned by the courts than Biden has. And then Biden built more wall after criticizing it, then he restarted THE EXACT SAME BORDER policy as Trump had. Look it up. The total lie of claiming Trump is a dictator or will be is like saying Biden doesn't have dementia. Or, Kamala didn't say we had no soldiers in the world in a combat zone. You Bull**it your buddies and I'll lie to mine, but you need to stop the utter total nonsense about Trump is Hitler and Trump is a dictator. Biden tried to operate like a dictator with executive orders and that has failed in the courts.

I call it as I see it. Trump using scapegoats, America First, and feeding lies to his blinded followers.

I cannot think of a 'code' that stops 75 mph winds nor 8' walls of water. And I bet 9 of 10 flood maps in the region did not show a lot of these properties anywhere close to a flood zone. This means a lot of folks will be uninsured basically.

The weather service posted warnings right and left about this was going to be huge, but they admitted even they underestimated it, and I think most people were expecting heavy rains, just not deluges over wide areas. This is more similar to the flash flooding you see in the dry west. I recall working on the Bookcliffs of Colorado once where a storm was brewing north of us. As I drove down the road next to a dry wash, i saw a wall of water about a foot deep coming down the wash. I sped up to the crossing about half a mile away and quickly crossed the dry wash. I stopped and waited and a few minutes later this water came down the wash and quickly made the wash impassible. I went into town and came back several hours later to find the wash was dry again, well, muddy but no water. And both sides of the wash were dry, only a few sprinkles ever got that far south.
It could be done but it would be prohibitively expensive. You'd need a break wall for the first floor.

Is hurricane relief money going to migrants instead of disaster victims?​

Return to menu
No, it is not. This claim is spreading so widely in the aftermath of Helene that FEMA set up a website to debunk it and other falsehoods.
Though FEMA and migrant relief programs are both part of the Department of Homeland Security, funds for each sit in separate accounts that are not intermingled. And the money earmarked for assistance to migrants can’t just be shifted to cover hurricane costs.

Still, former president Donald Trump has continued to repeat the falsehood about migrants during campaign rallies and on Truth Social, his social media platform.

They should stop the illegal immigration. Build the wall and send back the illegals caught here.
Trump had four years to build the wall - he finished less than a quarter of it.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back