• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hybrid appraisal report

And I’m old enough to remember when the majority of the uber-appraisers here sang the praises of HVCC and that magnificent psilocybin fueled pipe dream that was the IVPI, and how it was going to have our backs. I was ridiculed for saying both were foolish, I stated exactly how that was going to turn out, and was 100% correct. So, fire away, I’ll take the criticism here, as well, no sweat.
The appraisers were not singing the praises of the HVCC (which they never envisioned ). Appraisers simply wanted enforcement wrt mortgage brokers about value pressure

It was the number of hitters doing comp checks and hitting insane values that drew attention to the matter; the appraisers who signed the value pressure petition were ignored for years. If the skippy apprisers had just said NO, appraisers as a group would have been respected and trusted - now every appraiser had to suffer for it..

I did enough reviewing of the POS appraisals they did to attest to it. Sadly, the HVCC bought it on the advent of AMCs, and the rest is the awful fallout from that.

And would not our due diligence suggest we should have uncovered any errors, or at least some errors? And, how many mistakes could be made by the Property inspector before we have zero confidence in any of it.? And for all the work uncovering the fraud, do we get paid? Of course, we don't get paid.
If you have developed a reason to believe otherwise then you shouldn't be proceeding on a different assumption. That's basic.

And sure, if an appraiser thinks all PDCs are too unreliable to use in any appraisal assignment then they shouldn't be taking those assignments. Nobody can presume to tell an appraiser what to think.

The appraisers were not singing the praises of the HVCC (which they never envisioned ).
No, I’m sorry, that’s just not correct. I was here, and can tell you who they were, some if them have now passed, others sent literal death threats over my fax machine. The scion I received for being not only honest, but realistic, was unreal.

I utterly ridiculed that stupid idea of “C&R,” and was endlessly mocked for that, too.

How many forumites faxed you death threats....
That would be an interesting thread.... :peace:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back