• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just finished the 15 hour online USPAP course from McKissock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltaire

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
South Dakota
The course worked out pretty good, it ended up taking me a total of five hours. There are ten chapters with a quiz at the end of each chapter. You must answer each question of the quizzes correctly twice before moving on to the next chapter.

I'm now required to sit for a proctored exam for this course, does anyone have any feedback regarding the actual 15 hour USPAP course exam?

Are there any good study materials or Web Sites that you members can recommend? I searched the forums but didn't uncover much information. I'd prefer to use the resources recommended by the appraiser community rather than try my luck at whatever comes up first in a google search! Thanks everyone.

If you actually completed the 15 hour course in 5 hours then I hope you do not pass the final exam as you will have learned little or nothing about the standards of practice, and I hope someone from McKissock reads this and looks into how you spent only 5 hours for a 15 hour course. I might also tell you that in afddition to McKissock there are folks from the ASB and the AQB who regularly monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested as well.

And no, the only preperation for taking the test for the 15 hour USPAP course is learning enough from taking the course to pass the course. I hope no one on this forum will even attempt to assist you.

No wonder we get 1,000's of questions from posters on this forum concerning USPAP when this kind of crap goes on.m2:

Don you are pretty quick to call someone out. I took the 7 hour USPAP update in two hours last year. How do you know he has not had the old USPAP and only needed to pick up the new material? How do you know he is not a fast reader? I don't know anyone who has taken it online that took them 15 hours. You should relax.

Online USPAP and CE hurting business Don? The last 7 hour USPAP online class I took was far superior to any classroom setting of USPAP I have had, and I was done in about 3 hours. Of course I can read over 1000 WPM and didn't have to sit through the war stories, 6 breaks including lunch, and the idle chatter of the nim rods in the classroom including the one at the front. Online just cuts out the BS and is meat and taters, you and USPAP. MHO.

If you actually completed the 15 hour course in 5 hours then I hope you do not pass the final exam as you will have learned little or nothing about the standards of practice, and I hope someone from McKissock reads this and looks into how you spent only 5 hours for a 15 hour course. I might also tell you that in afddition to McKissock there are folks from the ASB and the AQB who regularly monitor this forum. I am sure they will be interested as well.

And no, the only preperation for taking the test for the 15 hour USPAP course is learning enough from taking the course to pass the course. I hope no one on this forum will even attempt to assist you.

No wonder we get 1,000's of questions from posters on this forum concerning USPAP when this kind of crap goes on.m2:

McKissock classes are timed, per page, and I would bet money all the states they operate in approved these courses.

If you think that is bad, I 'heard' you can take your 28 hours of insurance CE online, bypass the text, go to directly to the 50 question test and be done in a mere 30 minutes.... just hearsay....:new_all_coholic:

First off, thank you for the comments.

Don, I fail to understand the reason for the harshness of your response. I'll assume it was an error on your part, written in haste near the end of a bad day.

The time it takes to take the course is monitored by Mckissock, they are the ones that kept track and displayed it at the completion of the course. This reflects only the time that I was logged into the system. I have a copy of the 2010-2011 USPAP book sitting on my desk which I received free with my AI membership. I studied that as well whilst not logged into the system. Hopefully this will appease you to some degree.

Lastly, its unfortunate that an AQB certified USPAP instructor such as yourself would wish such ill-will upon a budding appraisal trainee. I find it odd that you're hoping that I do not pass the exam and also hoping that no one on this forum assists me with my question. Either you have a deep-seated problem or my understanding of this forum's purpose is all wrong: I was under the impression that this forum was a place to come together and unite to further the appraisal profession. Although this was my first post on this forum and the welcome provided by you wasn't exactly what I expected, I trust that the majority of appraisers here are capable of civil, unbiased discussion rather than harsh retorts.

Again, thank you for your comments Don.

McKissock classes are timed, per page, and I would bet money all the states they operate in approved these courses.

If you think that is bad, I 'heard' you can take your 28 hours of insurance CE online, bypass the text, go to directly to the 50 question test and be done in a mere 30 minutes.... just hearsay....:new_all_coholic:

JTip: I can confirm that the Mckissock pages are timed per page, requiring you to click and read each individual line. Also, they are approved for the state of South Dakota.

First off, thank you for the comments.

Don, I fail to understand the reason for the harshness of your response. I'll assume it was an error on your part, written in haste near the end of a bad day.

The time it takes to take the course is monitored by Mckissock, they are the ones that kept track and displayed it at the completion of the course. This reflects only the time that I was logged into the system. I have a copy of the 2010-2011 USPAP book sitting on my desk which I received free with my AI membership. I studied that as well whilst not logged into the system. Hopefully this will appease you to some degree.

Lastly, its unfortunate that an AQB certified USPAP instructor such as yourself would wish such ill-will upon a budding appraisal trainee. I find it odd that you're hoping that I do not pass the exam and also hoping that no one on this forum assists me with my question. Either you have a deep-seated problem or my understanding of this forum's purpose is all wrong: I was under the impression that this forum was a place to come together and unite to further the appraisal profession. Although this was my first post on this forum and the welcome provided by you wasn't exactly what I expected, I trust that the majority of appraisers here are capable of civil, unbiased discussion rather than harsh retorts.

Again, thank you for your comments Don.

I had a great day. Very busy as I like to be. You did not misunderstand me at all. There is no prep for taking the 50 question proctored exam. No review. You are tested on what you learned taking the 15 hour exam, which in my opinion is now a joke.

Just for laughs and giggles I will send a link to this discussion to TAF so they can see the quality of online education.

I did the McKissock 2008-2009 15 Hour USPAP, don't remember how long it took, and there are quizes you have to pass at the end of each chapter. I am working on the 2010 7 hour update now and I hate the new format.

Voltaire, you asked for feedback regarding the exam: If you understand USPAP, you will pass easily. You asked for a recommendation on study materials: I recommend that you go straight to the source and read USPAP and particularly the FAQ's. These may seem like simplistic answers, but they are not. Don stated, "No wonder we get 1,000's of questions from posters on this forum concerning USPAP ..." Many of the questions show that the poster has not actually read USPAP. For those of us who have invested a great deal of time in understanding USPAP, it is a slap in the face when someone implies that 5 hours might be sufficient. We may be capable of civil, unbiased discussion, but feel that the appropriate response is a harsh retort.
Welcome to the forum, to the AI, and to the profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back