• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

More on the "Black List"

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M. Parker

Freshman Member
Contacted this company and found that rarely do they file complaints against appraisers. The people they put on this list are appraisers they have had problems with.

Anyone with their name on this list should take immediate legal action.

This company, per the list administartor, defines what a problem is and admits it "could be anything" they deem to be a problem. :evil:

Bill S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
You may be right, but I see two appraisers/companies in Illinois on that list which certainly belong there. I did a little split fee work for one about 5 years ago and didn't last because I wouldn't make up numbers

F

FrankA

I don't think Burger King takes immediate legal action against you because you prefer McDonalds. You don't have to state why you prefer McDonalds, you're the customer and thats your choice. I may decide to keep going to Burger King given some bad prior service or whatever, it could be anything, that in my opinion that creates a problem, because once a ain I am the customer and I decide where to eat, spend my money etc based on MY choices. You or anyone else can force me to use your services or change my opinion of what constitutes a problem or what does not.

Something to think about before you get any more worked up and waste money paying an attorney for what will amount to a frivolous lawsuit.

John M. Parker

Freshman Member
You must have written your post at lunch time. 8)

I'm not on the list and don't expect to be. We put out a product that sometimes makes us up-popular with some "hit the number or else" lenders. This is what concerns me and should concern everyone in this business.

Our refusal to bend lost us our largest client ($30,000 a year) and got us black listed from 5 real estate agencies in our area.

We are at 66% above what we closed our best year, but have seen black listing in action. If you think your perfect and can't feel it, get sideways with the field rep from hell and see what happens.

As for me I won't do business with this company.

Leon Stewart

I don't think Burger King takes immediate legal action against you because you prefer McDonalds. You don't have to state why you prefer McDonalds, you're the customer and thats your choice. I may decide to keep going to Burger King given some bad prior service or whatever, it could be anything, that in my opinion that creates a problem, because once a ain I am the customer and I decide where to eat, spend my money etc based on MY choices. You or anyone else can force me to use your services or change my opinion of what constitutes a problem or what does not.

Something to think about before you get any more worked up and waste money paying an attorney for what will amount to a frivolous lawsuit.

There is no doubt that the Lender can buy their services anywhere they desire, but when they have a disagreement with an appraisers can they publish that appraisers name all over the internet indicating that they no longer use that appraiser's services because of a problem they had with him/her? That is the question. Most Lenders just decide not to order any more reports from a specific appraiser, and in most cases it's related to not making value.

leon

John M. Parker

Freshman Member
This is a little more than not choosing to do business with an appraiser. Here you have a lender, who by their own admission does not turn appraisers in to the board, since many of the reasons they list appraisers has nothing to do with violations but "appraiser we've had problems with".

You don't have to log into their site, don't need a special password, not for members and associates only but open to the general public.

This will be my last post on this subject but want to point out all of gloating that has gone on the past few days, the comments about "they deserve to get put on a black list' etc etc etc. Interesting isn't it.

F

FrankA

I agree with all of you, as far as posting the list in public, they should think seriously about the liability etc and the fact that it is in the public domain is wrong, no 2 ways about it. I was just pionting out that there may be many reasons a lender may not want to use your sevices and that is there right. As far as the rubber stamp hit the number appraisers, there are far to many of them, if any of you are ending up on a black list becasue you will no be the value hitter, you should take pride in that. You will outlast the crooks eventually. No offense meant by my previous post, but there are lenders out there who keep such lists for good reason, it's the number hitters list and the worst of the bunch are going to get there due. Again, no offense intended.

BenLuby

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
John and Frank,
Both of you are right. There needs to be restricted access on the site. They should not be posting names without formal complaints. If they don't want to use the appraiser and he/she has done no wrong, fine, but keep the list in private.
It is their choice, but slander is not. Keep it in house, or prepare to see what happens when they list the wrong appraiser. Then they will be upset. Sooner or later, someone will sue, and probably win with the stupidity displayed in such a blatant manner.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I don't agree with youse guys. How about our dead beat lender list? Isn't that the same thing? I don't have to have a reason for not liking you and I can tell the whole world I don't like you or the way you do business. Ohhh wait, maybe that only applies to politicians and political ads.

Steve Owen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Sue then for what? Having an opinion?!? None of you guys have any problem bashing Bank of America, or any other lender that pi##es you off. Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks