• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

National Appraiser Boycott

The person who started this thread has been on AF since 2014 or say 11 years posted about 50 times but shows up to rally the troops into a National boycott or letter writing campaign.

I have no idea who this is nor do I care but seems more like hearing from a very distant family member who every 5 years needs a loan.

I believe he just needed to rant and vent but has no plans on doing any real organization to launch it.
 
That said, I am here to tell you that UAD 3.6 is a massive opportunity for appraisers who understand business, relationships, and who have the right attitude toward their clients. Lenders want to work with problem solvers, not whiners.
Dear CGinMN,

We are thrilled to hear that you are on board with the new UAD 3.6 appraisal platform! The bottom line is this: the industry is moving toward faster, more data-rich, more consistent valuations, and those who adapt early are likely to gain significant competitive advantages!

The fees are $300 per report (-$21.00 tech fee) with a 3-day turn time and payments to you, our valued vendor, in 30 days. Welcome aboard!

Please note we are not IT technical support. If your computer freezes and starts on fire, please call your forms provider, computer manufacturer, your MLS provider, or your E&O provider. In other words, anyone but us. Please note, submitting the new uad 3.6 late will incur a reduction of your fee. Welcome to the future!
 
I do what I do in part because I am not vulnerable to the Revenge of the Sith. That's also one reason why I didn't renew my Instructor's cert, so that I never have to fret my status in the event of a conflict with the actions of TAF.

I recognize that other appraisers have a lot more to lose when it comes to posting commentary so I don't hassle them for using a handle. I just don't like being accused by who-knows-what as having somehow forgotten how to appraise a house or not operating as a "boots on the ground appraiser" when appraising is my sole source of income.
As I said. You can call yourself Santa Claus if you'd like. Doesn't matter to me one bit. Can't imagine why someone would even care...
 
My only problems with "handles" is that it gives some posters internet muscles to be as mean and hateful as they want. I could say I have been on this forum for 28 years with nary a problem using my real name, but that is just inviting somebody with internet muscles to prove me wrong. But I have never posted anything hateful or mean. :unsure:

I do admit using handles protects you from the grammar police and having your clients realize they don't want an illiterate appraiser doing their work.
 
Might be an unofficial boycott regardless. Im surprised how many appraisers are saying they are done this year. If figured it would be a decent number, but it's looking like it will be worse than I thought.
 
Color me contrary, but I don't want to use 3.6 software until it works correctly. When I hear most of the bugs are gone from Alamode, then I will start using it.

I know a few people pulling what's left of their hair out trying to do test reports, etc. I tell them all to relax. If the bugs don't get worked out, this thing won't leave the ground.
 
Dear CGinMN,

We are thrilled to hear that you are on board with the new UAD 3.6 appraisal platform! The bottom line is this: the industry is moving toward faster, more data-rich, more consistent valuations, and those who adapt early are likely to gain significant competitive advantages!

The fees are $300 per report (-$21.00 tech fee) with a 3-day turn time and payments to you, our valued vendor, in 30 days. Welcome aboard!

Please note we are not IT technical support. If your computer freezes and starts on fire, please call your forms provider, computer manufacturer, your MLS provider, or your E&O provider. In other words, anyone but us. Please note, submitting the new uad 3.6 late will incur a reduction of your fee. Welcome to the future!
If that's your client's message to you then you should ditch them. This is certainly not our message to appraisers, nor is it the type of client I would be soliciting right now.
 
Color me contrary, but I don't want to use 3.6 software until it works correctly. When I hear most of the bugs are gone from Alamode, then I will start using it.
That’s my plan except I use SFREP. I keep reading posts saying 3.6 works, my concern is the ones boasting about it haven’t completed a 2.6 in years or have never completed one, yet they’re experts on 3.6. I’m hoping they discover senior coffee discounts at some point and un clutter the forum. :cool:
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top