• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need help to rebut Reviewer's comment that dwelling does not meet ANSI Z765-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before ANSI is terrible. Terrible. Terrible and we're seeing the confusion.
We're worrying about how to call the total gross area instead of concentrating on subject's value.
Next time charge more for such confusing layouts.

ANSI is not terrible. Many appraisers used the ANSI Standard to measure dwellings long before Fannie adopted it. ANSI is just a method for describing the size of a dwelling. Any confusion you may have is due to your own failure to learn and understand what the standard requires.

ANSI is not terrible. Many appraisers used the ANSI Standard to measure dwellings long before Fannie adopted it. ANSI is just a method for describing the size of a dwelling. Any confusion you may have is due to your own failure to learn and understand what the standard requires.
the failure is the form, which was not done with ansi standards for GLA, and non GLA but kinda GLA. in reality the form should be, or will, be more ansi understandable.

Yeah, for appraisers not using ANSI and going on our local tax assessor records for GLA are in serious potential adverse consequences. Our local tax assessor likely has never been in many houses. They don't have a clue on above grade or below grade living area. I have seen them be off and way off to where it would have a very significant impact on market value.

An even worse case scenario. Four years from now, one of the GSE's gets conflicting information during a subsequent sale/refinance, and decides to turn you into the state.
If that is your stance. Which is it. Above grade or below grade?

I could never open the pictures, so my opinion would be speculative at best. I have never found myself disagreeing with your reading/interpretation of ANSI Z765, however, if that makes you feel better.

ansi is written by some woke jokes...incorporated by some woke jokes..it will never make sense :ROFLMAO:

why dont appraisers just write their own measuring standards :unsure: :rof: :rof: :rof:

I could never open the pictures, so my opinion would be speculative at best. I have never found myself disagreeing with your reading/interpretation of ANSI Z765, however, if that makes you feel better.
Who pizzed in your Wheaties this morning

Glad ANSI worked in your parts of the area. Appraisers appraise locally as they see fit. ANSI tried to set standard for all properties which inevitably was going to be a problem.
Fannie could have modified ANSI to its needs but lazy and failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back