• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet your a$

How does this sound?

Count 1: Conspiracy to defraud a federally insured financial instituion.

Count 2: RICCO;Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act of 1970

Count 3-300: refer to count 2

Congratulations, Pam!!!!!!!:flowers:

Congratulations to us all.

At last there is a national headline showing the systemic nature of appraiser pressure in the mortgage industry.:clapping:

I noticed one of those emails complained that good appraisers were being removed from the approved list for no reason other than credible value.m:

Every list just opened up as of about noon today. Happy hunting guys and gals.

BY the way there is a lot more in the hopper on this. I would not want to show up on ANY preferred lists.

I'm not comming out of retirement again - this time, I'm just going to watch & enjoy the show.

And, yes there is much, much more in the hopper.

It's been going on for a long time - any of you remember when the third party softwear firms were touting that they were AI ready?

Oregon Doug

Way to go, Pam................YES!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: It's starting - and my hope is that a great deal MORE comes out in the wash. Third party software vendor next, maybe?

There will be dancing in the street here - as well as a celebratory drink or two hoisted in Pam's honor for helping to crack this ugly egg wide open.

Maybe now lenders will start to understand - there is NO substitute for an appraisal department in charge of hiring appraisers and using the proven HONEST appraisers - not the proven number hitters. That is, of course, if the lenders themselves are honest...............

This is absolutely the best news in weeks!:beer:

Doug, I don't get it, how does AI ready have to do with this?

Sadly, as business is so slow I stopped going to the pubs for drinks. But damnit, I am going tonight. Thanks Pam....don't call too early in the morning please. Jack

According to the First American executive, WaMu responded as follows:
He said that if the appraisal issues are resolved and things are working
well he would welcome conversations about expanding our
relationship including tax and flood.

You guys remember that testy "loss leader" thread with LandAm?:unsure:

Every list just opened up as of about noon today. Happy hunting guys and gals.

BY the way there is a lot more in the hopper on this. I would not want to show up on ANY preferred lists.

Any link to these lists? I don't understand do you mean that everyone released their approved lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back