• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce,

Is there ever a time when you will not mischaracterize something I said?

Everything Pam has IS hearsay- unless and until it is deemed to be fact in a court of law. The only FACT we know- still- is that they added their watermark to reports since they admitted that under oath.

Whatever additional stuff Pam has cannot be disclosed yet as she herself has said.

And what I have said is that I will not believe anything just because someone else happens to say so- I need to see the proof. I have also said that if her allegations were true they would probably go under because of it as no legitimate client would want appraisals that were altered in a material way (and I do not believe adding a watermark is a material alteration).

Finally, I wonder what this has to do with altering reports? Unless that is a component of that, the most likely thing to occur if Pam's lawyers try to incorporate this is that the judge will make them prove the relevancy.

I'll add another post later so that you all can actually think this stuff through since we still have to remember who this fellow is.

Brad

I guess eappraiseit needs to update their "news" links on their website.............. (to include this announcement).

It's funny that they have news links about being against fraud and appraiser pressure. http://tinyurl.com/yppfgn

DaveT in NC

Any link to these lists? I don't understand do you mean that everyone released their approved lists?
Do those lists include the low fee shops?

Every list just opened up as of about noon today. Happy hunting guys and gals.

:rof: :rof:

Over night appraisers will stop being worried about exclusionary lists and start worrying about "PAL" lists.:rof: :rof:

One of E's problems is hiring the cheapest appraiser not matter what their experience or how far they have to travel. I've reviewed their reports and they stink.

Perhaps WaMu just wanted good appraisers doing good work?

One of E's problems is hiring the cheapest appraiser not matter what their experience or how far they have to travel. I've reviewed their reports and they stink.

Perhaps WaMu just wanted good appraisers doing good work?

Wamu wanted to save money, E wanted to make money. Wonder how much this is going to cost them each when the smoke clears?

Brad...

A local WaMu Branch Manager told me they were doing this. Two homeowners TOLD me that this was what they were instructed to do.

Do I have this in writing? Of course not.

If the complaint is valid, as of today, eAppraiseIT can no longer justify its existence. It and its reputation are toast.

You can bet that the Feds will be making a move on WAMU lest their past lack of effective oversight explode in their face and becomes a huge political embarassment.

Joyce,

Is there ever a time when you will not mischaracterize something I said?

Everything Pam has IS hearsay- unless and until it is deemed to be fact in a court of law. The only FACT we know- still- is that they added their watermark to reports since they admitted that under oath.

Whatever additional stuff Pam has cannot be disclosed yet as she herself has said.

And what I have said is that I will not believe anything just because someone else happens to say so- I need to see the proof. I have also said that if her allegations were true they would probably go under because of it as no legitimate client would want appraisals that were altered in a material way (and I do not believe adding a watermark is a material alteration).

Finally, I wonder what this has to do with altering reports? Unless that is a component of that, the most likely thing to occur if Pam's lawyers try to incorporate this is that the judge will make them prove the relevancy.

I'll add another post later so that you all can actually think this stuff through since we still have to remember who this fellow is.

Brad

Everything Pam has is hearsay? Even all the 'evidence' she sent to Mr. Cuomo's office a few months back?

What does this have to do with altering reports? Tip of the iceberg maybe? Film at 11? Glad to know you have the events of the court case down pat. That's should save everyone a lot of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back