• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mr. Cuomo has already thought about the implications. It's time for the appraisal community to put the final pieces of the puzzle together and think about long term issues that are impacting our industry.

Step up and report any and all questionable activity to the State of NY AG's office AND Pam Crowley to help aid in her defense in a lawsuit that was brought against her for making the same kinds of allegations that are contained in the NY vs. First American and eAppraiseIT suit.

Why the NY AG? I would think all State AG's just got a dose of smelling salts.

I remember some of the viewers on this forum were complaining about the free offer for the list of all the appraisers on EappraiserIT list. I knew I could offer something good on this forum.

I remember some of the viewers on this forum were complaining about the free offer for the list of all the appraisers on EappraiserIT list. I knew I could offer something good on this forum.

The problem was you were mixing PALS with friends.:unsure:

Why the NY AG? I would think all State AG's just got a dose of smelling salts.

But will the rest do anything? For that matter, will the Feds do anything SIGNFICANT this time?

I heard today on one of the news shows that they're entertaining setting up another Resolution Trust Corp (RTC). I guess history does repeat itself.

This is just proof of the David and Goliath story.

This is just proof of the David and Goliath story.

Don't count your slingshots before they're hatched. It ain't over yet. Not by a long shot. Pun intended.

Don't count your slingshots before they're hatched. It ain't over yet. Not by a long shot. Pun intended.
OK, in that case, the sling is just being stretched. Eitherway, our voices have been heard.

I can see why WAMU has broken ties with eAppraiseIT but I think the point they are missing is they should break ties with the appraisers. I know there are some that do good work but experience shows that lenders/mortgage brokers "prefer" to use appraisers that get them the value.

So, before someone jumps, the number hitters are the ones in question here. If you are not a number hitter, please ignore the negative comments.

DaveT in NC

The sub-prime meltdown and the AMC shenanigans may well turn out....

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." -- and closing -- "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

Just remember to follow the money, as Pottsie is prone to say. Appraisers participated, don't expect too many rewards for our industry being a bad watch dog, off humping AMC legs while supposedly guarding Americas homestead, and the great American dream.

I can see why WAMU has broken ties with eAppraiseIT but I think the point they are missing is they should break ties with the appraisers. I know there are some that do good work but experience shows that lenders/mortgage brokers "prefer" to use appraisers that get them the value.

So, before someone jumps, the number hitters are the ones in question here. If you are not a number hitter, please ignore the negative comments.

DaveT in NC

It's called damage control. rutro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back