• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug,

Perhaps the situation you mention varies depending on location. The WaMu review department I worked with in the North Sound area were absolute sticklers for accuracy and honesty. They were knowledgeable and highly qualified appraisers.....and I'd put their ethics up against any appraiser I know.

I am most definitely NOT a skippy and I'm damed proud of the work I did for WaMu back then. It was hard to get on their panel and those I know who were on it were good appraisers....and wore that WaMu approval like a badge of honor.

Things certainly changed when they got rid of the last of the Seattle appraisal department and started using LSI & eAppraiseIt. I fired LSI years ago, so never went back on their list. I gave eAit a chance... I've missed having the business, but I certainly will not miss eAit. I guess the feeling was mutual (no pun intended) because they've only used me when there's absolutely no one else to do the work.....and they got an honest opinion from me about value. Since I got pretty vocal about my support of Pam and have supplied her with examples of my opened reports, they've stopped sending orders...thank goodness.

Someone else mentioned WaMu appraisers "lurking" on the forum. I think there are a number of very fine appraisers who have worked for WaMu in the past and, like me, are proud of the work they did. Please don't paint all of us with the same brush you use to paint the number-hitting skippies who have come along relatively recently.

Nancy Clifton
San Juan Appraisal Service
Friday Harbor, Washington

Thank you Nancy,
I agree!
Signed,
A fellow NW appraiser

Had myself or several others on this Forum posted what you just did--we'd have been nailed to the cross with black helicopters.

You're probably not far from the truth.

Joyce & Scott,

I'm not usually a black helicopter kind of person....but your assertion makes a frightening amount of sense.

Nancy (having a "well DUH!" moment here in Friday Harbor)

Joyce & Scott,

I'm not usually a black helicopter kind of person....but your assertion makes a frightening amount of sense.

Nancy (having a "well DUH!" moment here in Friday Harbor)

Blind squirrel theory proven.:unsure:

I wonder if I am getting paid on the one I just did for WaMu for E? :D

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday that he has sued First American Corp (FAF.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and one of its units for allegedly colluding with Washington Mutual Inc (WM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) to inflate the appraisal values of homes, helping trigger the mortgage market meltdown.

Oh Happy Day!!!!

One other way that "E" rewarded the skippees was to implement a tiered system. If you consistently hit numbers, hey you were preferred. There are something like 3-4 tiers, and if you're an honest one you're at the bottom. Simple. "E" is a grind house.

\hmmm sounds like the exact same system Landsafe has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back