• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

Jesus is risen. He risen indeed.

For reference on "all":

If you are able to name the individual representing the opinions of ALL appraisers, let me know. I will personally walk them through the application process to make sure all their "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. That individual can also count on me for a full explanation of the process and what to expect, along with suggestions for reading material to prepare for written and oral questions. This is not suggesting answers (because they have opinions representing ALL appraisers), merely assisting in preparation.

BTW, if you believe the current members of the board of trustees are monolithic in their opinions, you do not know this board of trustees.

The vast majority of appraisers are self-employed individuals working on their own. How many TAF board members or representatives are in that class?

Just because this is often repeated does not make it true. Parroting it here proves folks have no clue, but love to pretend.

Common sense probabilities given he was in his position for 30+ years and must have strong political connections given all the problems in real estate appraisal over the past said time frame, a horrid USPAP standard and so on and so forth.

Of course if he were recently in a car accident and is now lying in some hospital room half brain-dead, egg in someones face. I personally don't know anything about him, other than what I come across on this forum and his TAF page:

Yes, he is listed as "Senior Advisor" ---> AHEAD of the President. AT THE TOP OF THE LIST.

wasn't white a bot...hip hopping around with relman...surely she isn't biased...anyways bots are as useless as USPAP :ROFLMAO:

The vast majority of appraisers are self-employed individuals working on their own. How many TAF board members or representatives are in that class?
Good question, and I cannot give you a definitive answer. What I know is I have been self employed as an appraiser since the 80s. Prior to that I worked as an independent contractor appraiser in firm owned by my father. Self-employed real property appraisers on the board of trustees right now include me, Pete Fontana, and Dave Doering. There may be a couple more.

Common sense probabilities given he was in his position for 30+ years and must have strong political connections given all the problems in real estate appraisal over the past said time frame, a horrid USPAP standard and so on and so forth.

Of course if he were recently in a car accident and is now lying in some hospital room half brain-dead, egg in someones face. I personally don't know anything about him, other than what I come across on this forum and his TAF page:

Yes, he is listed as "Senior Advisor" ---> AHEAD of the President. AT THE TOP OF THE LIST.

So now we know who is really running the show.

Dear Subscriber:

Last week, I know many of you tuned in to our virtual Board of
Trustees meeting and had the opportunity to see the Board of
Trustees vote to name Kelly Davids the next President of The
Appraisal Foundation.

As I said then, we are thrilled to have such a qualified person as
Kelly Davids to lead the Foundation during the next chapter. With
Kelly’s thoughtful and inclusive vision for the organization, I have
complete confidence that Kelly will meet and surpass the Board of
Trustees’ initial expectations.

I want to use this newsletter to take a moment to introduce Kelly to
those of you who may not know her.
Kelly has a long history with the appraisal profession and in
executive leadership roles. Before she began her decade long
tenure at The Appraisal Foundation, Kelly was Superintendent of
the Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing, the
chief regulator for Ohio’s appraisers. She served in this executive
leadership role under two governors in addition to holding an
elected office for multiple terms.

During Kelly's time at the Foundation, she has led the way on a
number of important initiatives including the development and
implementation of our current strategic plan, Vision 2030.
After the Board of Trustees appointed Kelly to the role of
President, we asked Kelly to give a brief presentation of her vision
for the Foundation's next chapter. I encourage you to go check it
out on our YouTube page. It is an exciting preview of what lies
ahead for our organization.

After Kelly's appointment, Dave Bunton announced that he would
step into a Senior Advisor role on March 31st. As a result, Kelly
officially took on the role of President on the same day. We look
forward to celebrating Dave's career spanning commitment to the
Foundation and the appraisal profession at a later date.

In the meantime, I know Kelly is eager to get to work. She is
embarking on a stakeholder listening tour to better inform her first
months as President. The Board of Trustees has established
benchmarks for success for this new era and is anticipating
progress on those measures. I hope you'll join me in welcoming
Kelly to her new role.

Sincerely,

Tracy Johnson
Chair
Board of Trustees

There's still no sign of what the critics believe TAF could do to alter the way lenders do business with fee appraisers. Whatever the answer is to that question, it apparently goes without saying.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back