• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

By the time any appraiser that could get into the position to be considered. They would have to be fully entrenched in the bureaucracy and accompanying politics involved.
True. Take a look at the appraisal alphabet soup in DC, the few who are appraisers haven't walked into a house as an appraiser in years. Not a single active "boots on the ground" among them. Sad.

Queen Davids I , speaks and says, " All we are saying is give peace a chance". But if there is no justice there can't be peace. She panders to the unethical stakeholders and barely says a word about the boots-on-the-ground appraisers. And takes a shot at TAF's many critics at the end.

Queen Davids I , speaks and says, " All we are saying is give peace a chance". But if there is no justice there can't be peace. She panders to the unethical stakeholders and barely says a word about the boots-on-the-ground appraisers. And takes a shot at TAF's many critics at the end.

1711503089842.png
war is peace...

This job is so hard. :cryingsmiley:She was making a quarter of a million dollars and will probably be making half a million a year now. Let’s se her work as a staff appraiser for one TAFs partners were she will be barely making minimum wage. I feel so sorry for her.:fiddle:

i didn't have any experience in valuations....but but but the state of ohio made me the chief regulator of the real estate bureau :rof: :rof: :rof:

The position is ultimately administrative in nature. Not technical. The CEO at BofA won't have any experience as a teller or a loan officer. The CEO at Ford has no experience on the assembly line or the engineering functions. Nor does the position have a say in the decision making on the ASB or AQB. The bylaws of TAF have them working independent of the staff except as a resource.

Most appraisers don't have the skills to teach a CE or QE course to their peers. Heck, most boots-on-the-ground appraisers can't even get along with each other, let alone the general public or their equivalents in commerce of govt. Meanwhile and as an example, teaching appraisal to people is a separate skillset than appraising, just like running a self-employed gig or a small fee shop or an appraisal dept at a lender or an AMC or a GSE - those all require other skills than appraising.

Not to mention the point that neither SFR appraisers nor Comm appraisers comprise the entirety of the appraisal profession.

I didn't have any experience in valuations.... but the state of ohio made me the chief regulator of the real estate bureau :rof: :rof: :rof:
It’s amazing but now you know why these people serve on these state-boards. Not only do they get to persecute their competition but it’s. a major stepping stone to much higher ambitions.

Last edited:
Typical swamp behavior. Quarter million dollar a year job in a profession where you’ve never really worked in before. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

The 'position' is sitting on a copyright that extracts $4 million a year.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back