• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

Isolation is exactly the world they are living in right now. I have a feeling this won’t be the end Of the major issues with TAF.

Swamp organizations don’t like disruption. They want to keep the grift going as long as they can, so the pleas for peace were quite amusing.

can you believe he is whining about isolation... :ROFLMAO:

Isolation is exactly the world they are living in right now. I have a feeling this won’t be the end Of the major issues with TAF.

Swamp organizations don’t like disruption. They want to keep the grift going as long as they can, so the pleas for peace were quite amusing.

I’m a quarter through the Board of Trustees meeting. They have publicly admitted their hiring practices are based on race and age. I posted a thread a few weeks back in which the state of Alabama was sued for a similar situation. The Alabama board requires the hiring of two minority candidates to sit on the appraisal state board. What TAF is doing is worse.

The IAC partners have done wonders for the profession. :ROFLMAO:

1711566724197.png

can you believe he is whining about isolation... :ROFLMAO:
Answer the question. TAF isn't an advocacy group for any one niche of the appraisal profession. There's nothing wrong with advocating for your business interests but if you want a structure for that then join one of the professional orgs. Fill out the application, pay your annual dues, attend their meetings and so forth.

If/when you perform an appraisal assignment you need to identify exactly what will be "meaningful and not misleading" to your users. What they need from you in order to do their thing. You are not supposed to build the one-size-fits-all widget and proceed under the assumption that it will be adequate for every user in every assignment - that is unprofessional. You're supposed to know before you go, and there are only two ways to do that - either download their written appraisal policies or engage in 20-questions to suss out their requirements. That's what you're supposed to be doing in your day job.

The same holds true for TAFs role. They're not supposed to build a widget and proceed under the assumption that widget will be sufficient for all the different types of users. They're not supposed to skip the "problem identification" phase on their function. They have to keep up with the current developments among their various uses just like appraisers need to stay current with their user needs. It would be unprofessional for an appraiser to ignore the legitimate requirements of their users' and equally unprofessional for TAF to ignore all the legitimate needs of all the other types of users.

You can't meme your way past that reality. If you want a union then go join a union. TAF was never intended nor designed to fill that role for fee appraisers.

Do you think the ones you chose not to bold have helped or hurt the profession? I can tell you in my 30 years of being a professional in 2 different careers, spokesman for reeva were hands down the worst human beings I ever met.

I edited this to make it sound better than what they really are.
The answer lies within my post

The IAC partners have done wonders for the profession. :ROFLMAO:
Well at least you're not confused about who the Sponsor/Partners are anymore. I guess that's progress.

As for the IAC, do you commonly ignore the appraisal policies of your users when you perform an appraisal assignment? Or do you make a good faith effort to engage in some feedback with them in order to clarify how you will proceed to meet their legitimate interests? Because that's what the IAC is for - for TAF to actively engage with and solicit their input as to what their legitimate interests are WRT appraisals.

You never did answer the question when I previously asked it. You now know (because I already showed you) that the annual fee for the IAC membership is $2500. Exactly how much influence over appraisal standards and appraiser qualifications do you think $2500/year buys from TAF?

Answer the question. TAF isn't an advocacy group for any one niche of the appraisal profession. There's nothing wrong with advocating for your business interests but if you want a structure for that then join one of the professional orgs. Fill out the application, pay your annual dues, attend their meetings and so forth.

why would i take your advice...shilly shill shills :rof: :rof: :rof:

So answer the question. See, I can freely ask that question because I already know that you don't have a response for it apart from accusing me of being a shill or posting a **** meme.

Is that $2,500 for each of those 40+ anti-appraiser companies? How much influence does their $50k fee to reeva get them?

Is that $2,500 for each of those 40+ anti-appraiser companies? How much influence does their $50k fee to reeva get them?
Enough that they care to try. Remember, they aren't paying off a politician running for office. The influence they want is from bureaucrats, $2,500 is the cover charge to get into the meetings. Quid pro quo is the game, TAF bureaucrats don't have to constantly raise money for reelection.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back