• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recounts

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraisal Management Company
State
California
I am currently working on the review side for an AMC but hope to enter into the field. I have completed 270/300 hours of my appraisal education, and plan on finishing within the coming couple of months. I recently graduated from Chapman University with a degree in Economics and minor in Data Analytics. I am very familiar with economic concepts and have skills in data ETL, graphic visualization, and macro/micro concepts.

I have gained lots of experience in the appraisal industry over my last 8 months working as a review appraiser and would like to apply my knowledge working for a supervisor.

Please PM or comment your name and/or contact info if you (or anyone that you know) might be interested in training me in the OC/San Diego area.

Thank you!

With all due respect, it's slight unnerving to think you're a review appraiser, without ever having been an appraiser.

With all due respect, it's slight unnerving to think you're a review appraiser, without ever having been an appraiser.
That's fair. The learning curve has probably been a bit steeper for me as a result, but I report to multiple people and try not to take on more than I can handle.

That's fair. The learning curve has probably been a bit steeper for me as a result, but I report to multiple people and try not to take on more than I can handle.
Do you work under people who are appraisers?

None of them are available to be your supervisor? Are or would they be allowed to train you?
They’re all in locations I wouldn’t want to relocate to (we work together remotely). I believe they want to stay on the review side as well

If you are already performing appraisal services, would it be possible to have someone where you work take you on as a trainee, develop a S3 level review product, then gain your experience performing S3 level reviews with a supervisory appraiser? I had a trainee once who go the majority of her hours doing S3 reviews...

If you are already performing appraisal services, would it be possible to have someone where you work take you on as a trainee, develop a S3 level review product, then gain your experience performing S3 level reviews with a supervisory appraiser? I had a trainee once who go the majority of her hours doing S3 reviews...
Can you help me understand what S3 reviews are (and clarify about the s3 product)? I remember calling BREA when I first started, but they said that my review hours wouldn’t constitute as trainee experience. I’m wondering if there’s some other route to go about it, similar to what you’re saying

Could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back