• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Revision Requests -having To Explain Peer Appraiser's Data In My Reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best time to market is when you are busy. When things slow down your prospects won't want to talk to you. This is marketing 101. Be consistent.

now is the time to market yourself to new clients. sadly most appraisers are not good business people and will wait until things slow down to go after new clients, which is precisely when the new clients have no need/work for them.

Job fair for minimum wage, you have to pay for.

Naw, what was last year's hook?
Oh yeah, some mega bank was going to hire 10 trainees from the Expo, but had hired them prior to the expo.

How many miraculous hiring stories have we heard every year about the "opportunities".

CG Joan. No need of AMC clients. I know how to do the Income Approach.

Marion, it is a well known fact you are exceptional.

As long as AMC's are piggybacking, things are in trouble. I really didn't believe many top designated appraisers that fees needed to be separated because my focus has been on market structure, and we have engaged, but they may have more of a point than I realize.

Job fair for minimum wage, you have to pay for.

Naw, what was last year's hook?
Oh yeah, some mega bank was going to hire 10 trainees from the Expo, but had hired them prior to the expo.

How many miraculous hiring stories have we heard every year about the "opportunities".

CG Joan. No need of AMC clients. I know how to do the Income Approach.

Marion, it is a well known fact you are exceptional.
now is the time to market yourself to new clients. sadly most appraisers are not good business people and will wait until things slow down to go after new clients, which is precisely when the new clients have no need/work for them.

It is hard to be that disciplined for sure. At a minimum it is a great time to upgrade clients. Toss the ones who are high maintenance or low pay or both.

Toss the ones who are high maintenance or low pay or both.
That's good advice even when slow. And I never found marketing - slow or hot market - should cease. It is an ongoing process. And the focus should reflect the market. Bank refi slowing? Talk to more tax attorneys and CPAs. Advertise. I advertised in a legal magazine and picked up a couple of assignments - that parlayed $250 into roughly $3000 work of assignments. Not a bad trade off. Or, work on your website with good key words.

The Scope of Work Comments within all my conventional assigment reports start out:
"The opinions expressed within this report are singularly those of the appraiser in accordance with USPAP, Fannie Mae Selling Guidelines, and the Truth in Lending Act. The appraiser is aware that Fannie Mae may have a private database to which appraisers are not privy, by regulation. Any information or concern submitted to the appraiser after the appraisal report has been submitted to the client are considered to be the personal data and opinions of other entities and not a part of the appraiser's report. The original appraisal report was developed without any significant appraisal assistance from others, including any subsequent information or opinions of others".

< Within the sales comparable comments for each comp, I state where the GLA was obtained from (ie tax records, MLS sold sheet).

< In developing the GLA adjustment I usually rely on sensitivity adjustments.

The Scope of Work Comments within all my conventional assigment reports start out:
"The opinions expressed within this report are singularly those of the appraiser in accordance with USPAP, Fannie Mae Selling Guidelines, and the Truth in Lending Act. The appraiser is aware that Fannie Mae may have a private database to which appraisers are not privy, by regulation. Any information or concern submitted to the appraiser after the appraisal report has been submitted to the client are considered to be the personal data and opinions of other entities and not a part of the appraiser's report. The original appraisal report was developed without any significant appraisal assistance from others, including any subsequent information or opinions of others".

< Within the sales comparable comments for each comp, I state where the GLA was obtained from (ie tax records, MLS sold sheet).

< In developing the GLA adjustment I usually rely on sensitivity adjustments.

James I am not sure what this means. Does this mean that if a review of your reports reveals errors of fact that you won't amend it? I am just trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish.

Oh come on exceptional Joan.

Don't you recognize a rebuke of the pre-printed certifications?

Or has it been so long that you don't remember what it is residential appraisers are certifying to anymore?

Oh come on exceptional Joan.

Don't you recognize a rebuke of the pre-printed certifications?

Or has it been so long that you don't remember what it is residential appraisers are certifying to anymore?

Sorry, I just don't understand what is being accomplished .

Exactly.

Marion,

You too can do exactly as I do. I ask people if I can meet with them. I attend meetings to listen and learn and put myself in situations where I can meet with those who matter. I am very fortunate to have the ear of some influential people. It is a real privilege and honor to have this opportunity.

Feel free to reach out to your legislators. I recently met with a MD Congressman and a local Md Delegate. I am a constituent. You all can do exactly the same and I encourage you to do the same.

and then I leach off others in the guise of an appraiser advocate while I make my money from AMC lobbyists et al. If I were more recognizable on a national level I would be known as a Hilldebeast or a Hillary for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back