• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sba- Update On Appraisers Wanted-direct Path To Hire For Temporary Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Please consider responding to the plea for appraisers to work for SBA.
They seriously want you, your skills, and ability. This is a temporary position NOT a career.
It is non-appraisal work, using similar skillsets, with zero liability.
Duration probable duration of about 130 days.

SBA is seeking about a two page resume highlighting your education, training and general background.
email to ODAHIREME@SBA.gov
You may want to emphasize status as appraiser, computer skills, and ability to use Word, Excel and Outlook (or equivalents) along with your basic skills and duration/background in appraisal type functions (setting appointments, talking to people, ability to self-pace and get stuff done). A residential appraiser, or appraiser trainee with good background licensed or not has most of what they need. Self-employment, business skills and any construction and estimating experience is good to add to your brag-sheet. Might want to put **APPRAISER** in caps and bold at or near the top of your resume.

The actual work product: The results of very abbreviated non-appraisal reports are utilized for initial loan determinations for post disaster homeowner and business recovery, these will usually be followed by site inspections if the disaster victim qualifies for a loan. THIS HELPS REAL PEOPLE.

Pay-scale is GSA 7-9-11 depending on your education and experience. Google the pay scale sheet.
Potential of 7 day per week work-schedule, with as many as 10-12 hours per day. Now figure out what your take-home is after you add time and a half on your selected pay-grade of *up to* 44 hours per week at overtime pay.
It's well compensated time, very well spent, folks. I have a real hard time doing enough appraisals to arrive at that level.

**You have to pass a background check and have decent credit.**
For many who apply and are selected:
**It will be work from home** after 2 weeks of training in Herndon VA, or Sacramento CA(!!!).

Some will be in the field, I have done this work. You will have shelter, food and access to laundry equipment. May not be the best but its a whole lot better than what the storm/fire victims are enjoying.
Food is generally better than MRE's but I always grabbed a few to throw in the trunk, just in case.
If you manage to spend all of the TAX FREE M&IE funds (meals and incidental expenses) even in Houston, you are not bright. Pocket most of that money and do something more worthy later.

SBA is purportedly processing appraiser applications as expedited and earmarked as 'desirable persons'.
There will be about a two week or so lag before you hear back in most cases, possibly longer. You do NOT have to apply at USAJOBS!!! Just create a two page or so resume!!!

Folks this type of work is how I met my husband, I have done it myself.
Things have changed over that (gads) 1/4 century.
It's not the Green Hornet, or a pad of paper, it's an IPad.
You WILL have internet connectivity through placement of COWS at specific locations.
this is the 20th century and America - (gods help us all).

signing off, the semi-anonymous appraiser formerly known as Lee Ann
Still mouthy, still breathing, and still trying to do something for my country and my peers.

You say it is work from home. Is that the home they give you in Texas or Florida?

Would you have a link to the actual posting?
you can go to the letter the SBA sent to appraisal institute members, it's on the AI website. I can't cut and paste that from this device, however the job connection noted above does NOT require going through USA jobs, only sending a brief resume to the address above. My information as shared above was gleaned from folks i used to work with or know in the organization who presently or recently worked there, my own inquiries outside the entity, and direct discussions. There are presently two semi-permanent positions open on USA jobs.com, but those require a great deal of effort to apply, the site is a kludge. And the competition for those is fierce. Have fun trying that if you'd like The position title is Construction Analyst. Small Business Administration Office of Disaster Assistance.

The program has been granted the ability to expedite hiring due to the widespread disasters currently in place. My post above probably is your best single source, other than calling. I believe my Intel is good.

I've never worked under the new program parameters. Been raising kids, taking care of elderly relatives. But I'm an old hand at disaster work, and felt it worthy and good pay under similar circumstances.

Retired appraisers are among the best at the work needed.

Nice to see you post, Lee Ann!
Hey, Denis! I been busy, and had limited my online elsewhere. Missed you guys, too, but something had to give. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any working from home language in print.

I haven't seen any working from home language in print.
And that's why I said it. . . Ask.

If you get a different answer, say so.

Ever known a government entity to fully disclose, in advance, all information you need to make a fully informed decision or determine conclusively a course of action that didn't require tweaking once you got the 'rest of the story'????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back