• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Switching Away From Bradford Technologies (clickforms) Bad Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Customer service on a Wed evening before Thanksgiving. Well done Randall.

You have the work discipline of a true appraiser.
Thanks, JTip! Actually, my dad was an appraiser and I was raised in the business - holding te dumb end of a tape from Middle school through High school. Later, I was a full time appraiser from the late 70's through the middle/late 90's. So, I take your words as a compliment as I see the appraisal profession as a very honorable one.

Best wishes to all on this Thanksgiving day!

-Randall Garrett-
+Apex Software+

/end/

Kent Faver

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
IMO Bradford's service has never been better over the past 12 months - not that I use it much. Do I wish prices were lower? Sure, but that's the life of an appraiser. Marginally increasing fees, significantly increasing over-head.

Scott R.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
IMO Bradford's service has never been better over the past 12 months - not that I use it much. Do I wish prices were lower? Sure, but that's the life of an appraiser. Marginally increasing fees, significantly increasing over-head.
Agreed. When I had to renew last time they had just switched to a new phone system. Perhaps they have worked out the kinks. They stepped up to plate at the time and corrected the problems I had.

Kent Faver

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Agreed. When I had to renew last time they had just switched to a new phone system. Perhaps they have worked out the kinks. They stepped up to plate at the time and corrected the problems I had.
Good to hear - thanks for the update.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Funny that in all the years I had Clickforms, I never had a tech issue with the software. I did call once just to move the software onto a new computer.

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Thanks Kent!

Certainly your last sentence applies to us as a company as well as to you. I think we deliberate on any changes to pricing changes more than any other company and surely more than our vendors (or at at least it seems that way when we get a whopping price increase) I think when you look at the value in the packages we have set up, we're pretty competitive in price and variety of services.

Thanks again for your kind words. We'll work hard to make sure that we're as good in the next 12 months and beyond as your experience this past year.

Roy Beckham
Marketing Manager | Bradford Technologies

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Scott

Sorry that you had to experience our phone system transition nightmare. It was certainly a "challenge" to get the new phones in (although that's not the word we use for it here). We think we're past those problems now or at least the ghost of Alexander Graham Bell has not invaded our system again. Thanks for sticking with us as we got over our speed bump.

Roy Beckham

JR1972

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I have been with Bradford for the last few years and I hate it. They are geared for the metro appraiser much more than the rural ones. I have had several issues with their flood maps and their techs seem to have very high opinions of themselves. I don't appreciate being talked down to when I'm the one footing the bill. Especially when that bill is rather large when compared to their competitors. I have also had to tell them repeatedly that I don't want Redstone. The same woman even called me twice trying to get me to buy it after I specifically told her not to call me again. I'll be switching as soon as my subscription runs out.

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
I have been with Bradford for the last few years and I hate it. They are geared for the metro appraiser much more than the rural ones. I have had several issues with their flood maps and their techs seem to have very high opinions of themselves. I don't appreciate being talked down to when I'm the one footing the bill. Especially when that bill is rather large when compared to their competitors. I have also had to tell them repeatedly that I don't want Redstone. The same woman even called me twice trying to get me to buy it after I specifically told her not to call me again. I'll be switching as soon as my subscription runs out.
We hate to hear that you had a bad experience trying to get an issue resolved. I did some digging on this end and think I identified the specific call that came in. I see that the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction, but that the product manager still has it as an open ticket to get answered.

I understand the perception that some of the ClickFORMS services or analytical software is developed for metro area appraisers more than rural appraisers, but usually those shortcomings go back to the available data (or lack thereof) from various data sources. We certainly develop products with the rural appraiser in mind. Our inspection app will work as well for a rural appraiser as a metro appraiser, for example. There is a version of ClickFORMS used by AgWare that is still geared specifically for rural appraisers. On the flip side of this discussion is the metro appraiser that has the added difficulty of analyzing a great deal of data to complete a report. This sort of analysis is simply something computers and software can do very well.

I hope that we can adequately address your issues in the future and that you'll give ClickFORMS and Bradford Technologies a fair chance at earning your business.

Roy Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks