• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

'The Sky is Falling' Narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bannon is a pretty sharp dude.

You must really like his alt-right "gladiator school" in Italy.

Oh, wait. It got shut down by Italian authorities.

Nevermind.

I don't know about all that. I just think his perspective on the US-China relationship is pretty close to reality. They have been engaging in economic war with us for a long time and we have been bending over and saying thank you. That is just the reality of the situation.

China is 5,000 years old and is known for its patience and slow hand. Their leadership does not answer to the people (think Hong Kong right now.) They can wait out this admin and all the Steve Bannons ever spawned several lifetimes over.

Can Wisconsin dairy farmers, mid western soy growers, and Minnesota hog producers wait as long to repair the mess? Perhaps as long as a generation?

Reactions: DTB
They were having problems in their economy before this spat turned up. I think their bleed is a lot faster than our bleed. We will buy our cheap consumer goods from wherever the price is right, so the longer China carries on like this the sooner it's competitors will step in to take up the slack. After which the Chinese will not be regaining that market share.

At any rate, we should have cut off their license to steal card a long time ago. They're not a developing nation anymore. They can afford to play by the same rules as all the other developed nations. We wouldn't allow the Euros to get away with all the IP theft or other shady semi-nationalization practices, why should we go back to letting China pick up where it left off?

The approach used was ham handed. A lot of little people will suffer. But so what.

It doesn't matter if they wait out this admin or whoever the president is going forward. This is a permanent shift in US-China relation. It is either China fully opens up or things get hostile and there is war. Either way I don't think it really matters for the US economy. We're on the up swing either way.

Out of this thread before it gets too hot and political.

And Hong Kong. I suspect we are involved with what is happening there. That is putting the Chinese government in a very vulnerable position. If they do something about it then the world is going to back Hong Kong. If they let it continue then Taiwan probably starts getting loud. And then if their economy continues weakening then anti government sentiment spreads to mainland.

They are not in a good spot right now.

Reactions: DTB
"Stationary aircraft carriers..." Oxymoron.

Steve Bannon. Might as well watch Saturday morning cartoons.

Bannon is a mover. One might say the brain trust behind Trump in 2016 was Parscale and Bannon. [Although Bannon overplayed his significance, - as Parscale worked very much behind the scenes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Parscale. ... Parscale by the way was the software developer that wrote Trump.com - not a bad website.] But Bannon doesn't take good care of his health and IMO is aging faster than he should.

"Bannon was an officer in the United States Navy for seven years in the late 1970s and early 1980s; he served on the destroyer USS Paul F. Foster as a surface warfare officer in the Pacific Fleet, and afterwards stateside as a special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations at the Pentagon.[71] Bannon's job at the Pentagon was, among other things, handling messages between senior officers and writing reports about the state of the Navy fleet worldwide.[72] While at the Pentagon, Bannon attended Georgetown University at night and obtained his master's degree in national security studies.[64]

In 1980, Bannon was deployed to the Persian Gulf to assist with Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis. The mission's failure marked a turning point in his political world-view from largely apolitical to strongly Reaganite, which was further reinforced by the September 11 attacks.[73][74] Bannon has stated, "I wasn't political until I got into the service and saw how badly Jimmy Carter ****ed things up. I became a huge Reagan admirer. Still am. But what turned me against the whole establishment was coming back from running companies in Asia in 2008 and seeing that Bush had ****ed up as badly as Carter. The whole country was a disaster."[75]

Upon his departure he was ranked as a lieutenant (O-3).[1][a]"

====
I can's say what I know. But one morning you will just possibly wake up and hear that we and our allies bombed X, Y and Z in the South China Sea for such and such a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back