• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Appraisal Approval Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK SAROUK

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Hi everyone, I am in Los Angeles and applying for VA approval and one their requirements is 2 Letters of Reference from an Appraiser. I don't know too many appraisers around me since I have been on my own for the past 20 years. Anyone interested in swapping letter of references? If you are applying for VA and would like to exchange a letter of reference please IM me. Thanks.

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Hi everyone, I am in Los Angeles and applying for VA approval and one their requirements is 2 Letters of Reference from an Appraiser. I don't know too many appraisers around me since I have been on my own for the past 20 years. Anyone interested in swapping letter of references? If you are applying for VA and would like to exchange a letter of reference please IM me. Thanks.
How do I provide a letter of reference if I do not know you? How could you do the same for me?

RICK SAROUK

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Contact me and I'll be more than happy to introduce myself.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
No offense BUT 20 years in Los Angeles and no contact with any other appraisers ? BUT maybe we can exchange reference letters "YIKES"

RICK SAROUK

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Why are you surprised? Appraiser here are my competition, so you are correct, there is no need for me to have any contact with my competition. I am also a Realtor with Re/max and I can tell you for a fact that the realtor community is much more social.

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Why are you surprised? Appraiser here are my competition, so you are correct, there is no need for me to have any contact with my competition. I am also a Realtor with Re/max and I can tell you for a fact that the realtor community is much more social.
Aren't Realtors your competition, also?

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
All the more reason to have a local appraisers group. We have more than 100 local appraisers who meet bi-monthly for continuing education credit as well as getting to know each other. Check out our web site...CAREA.net

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I am also a Realtor with Re/max
Rick, I would think through this (my quote of you) that you would know some other (edit: local) appraisers.

I understand that many of us are "lone wolves" and we don't interact with many other appraisers except for CE courses; and that's ONLY if you take the LIVE/In Person course, which, sadly many nowadays seem to lean toward the online. So, yes, I can imagine that you don't know a few others to vouch for you.

My advice would be to ask some of your Realtor friends if they know any other local VA appraisers who may have seen you work, etc that can vouch for you. No offense, but I find it hard to believe that someone from another state could/would vouch for your credentials.

I do wish you the best, though.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I have never asked the moderators of this forum to shut anyone down for speech or positions I have not agreed on but in my opinion you should not be on this forum or even hold a license.

Last edited:

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
It sounded like some sort of fraudulent scheme to me too. Here's what i had to say about this last year:

"About these letters, some of you folks need to do a little human networking. Go to some live classes and start a conversation with the appraiser sitting next to you. Stand around the coffee pot and exchange some business cards. Call each other once in a while and ask a question. Go to some of the appraiser association meetings. Join something and go to their meetings. Last time i went to a CE class i was shocked to see them all sitting around during the breaks and before we started and after lunch just staring at their phones like a bunch of zombie teenagers.

Sorry - no offense intended to anyone in particular but many, if not most, appraisers are independent folks and need to work a bit at developing some relationships. That's how i got my letters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks