• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

very discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfor

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
I have taken my Certified Residential Exam for the second time and have missed passing by 3 points. I currently have a Trainees license ... I am embarrassed and tired and bummed out.
-ashley

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
You are only three points away from passing. Study a bit more and take the test again, you are too close to quit.

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Ashley, don't be bummed! You were very close, which means you do know the material. Keep trying! And good for you going for Certified - wish I'd had enough hours to do that.

:Emoticon_hug:

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
You're probably missing too many questions regarding financing and mortgage equity type questions. Take an AI course on these topics and you'll probably pass the exam. The AR test is a lot hard than the AL test by several orders of magnitude.

Don't be discouraged. It's a hard test and a lot of the questions relate to topics you won't really use for a long time, if ever.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Hang in there Ashley. Try to step back and see what is blocking you. Is it a weakness in knowledge? If that is the case, then look at where the weakness is and focus on that. Is it stress? Try relaxing and taking your mind off of the test BEFORE you go and take the test. Maybe practice some type of breathing exercise or stretching. Also, learnappraising.com is a good place to practice taking the tests. :)

lizhorvath

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I have not taken that test, but I have taken tests (assessor's and personal property examiner certifications etc.) before so here goes:
Do you make notes when you leave the test of questions that you were unsure of? Can you think of any now? Can you think of which three questions you may have missed?
Keep it up - you'll be even more frustrated if you give up and realize that a year has passed and you could have been certified that whole time if you'd maintained your persistence!
Good luck!!!

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I have taken my Certified Residential Exam for the second time and have missed passing by 3 points. I currently have a Trainees license ... I am embarrassed and tired and bummed out.
-ashley
Why not just upgrade to a licensed appraiser? You don't need to take a test for that, just submit your log and paperwork.

You look like you are going to miss the upgrade to AR under the 2007 testing.

Have you tried taking the exam prep courses?

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
In your place I'd be saying "Cool, I almost passed this time. One more try ought to do it."

I'll tell you right now that the single best thing for most people to work on is the vocabulary being used in the tests. If you absolutely understand what the question is asking and what each of the possible choices mean the correct answer will become apparent.

ashfor

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Thanks for the support - some great tips ... does anyone know anything about the 2008 exam and how in may differ from the current one? ( in case I don't make it before the end of the year )

Dean

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Why not just upgrade to a licensed appraiser? You don't need to take a test for that, just submit your log and paperwork.

Are you kidding?
No test to upgrade to licensed appraiser?
In TN, you have to take a test, and its pretty much the same test as certified. (I have taken both)
Anyway, Ashley, stick with it, you are very close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks