• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Welcome to the new 1004

Also the issue of certifying the observation of the comparable sale from the street is going to be an optional drop down based upon scope of work. I suppose for a hybrid it may not be included, and for a different report it will be part of the scope of work.

Also if you are appraising land this form will not be what we use since GSEs don't lend on land.

I’ll have to check out the one they have filled out. What I saw looks like 43 pages of confusion.
Is it meant to be filled out like that "Nighthawk" xmc file that Bradford Tech is pushing? There's a video on their website about the form being all filled out for you, blah, blah. I have liked Clickforms but Jeff Bradford came from Apple, and since their Chief Appraiser, Bill King, sadly died, they never got another Chief Appraiser. I did like Mr King's Webinar explaining unconscious bias in appraisal, though it was not racial bias (appraisers are not racist, that is a myth, we report what the market tells us), but it was concerning inherent bias with different styles of houses, including the much maligned "split foyer" style home, for example.

just keep being a good lap dog and roll over when they tell you... :ROFLMAO:
My wife says did your dog answer you? I say she always answers me. You just can't hear it.

She is more crazy about wife than me. But she obeys me. She lets me know. I just have to ask a few questions. The dog knows the questions by heart.

It is amazing what you can teach a dog with treats. Cats are different ballgame. I get scared at lion cage at local zoo. The big cats give me evil eye like come on in here. No thank you kitty.

Last edited:
One more thing is that the HBU is more clear in the new form. You actually have to make an analysis. When I have done reviews, I seldom see people actually deal with any kind of HBU analysis. In most cases it doesn't matter. But in some cases where the zoning is mixed use (residential and commercial), or if the neighborhood is in transition there definitely needs to be some analysis.

One more thing is that the HBU is more clear in the new form. You actually have to make an analysis. When I have done reviews, I seldom see people actually deal with any kind of HBU analysis. In most cases it doesn't matter. But in some cases where the zoning is mixed use (residential and commercial), or if the neighborhood is in transition there definitely needs to be some analysis.
Is Market value still the value definition? I have not studied it. But H&B use analysis is required in market value appraisal.

Is Market value still the value definition? I have not studied it. But H&B use analysis is required in market value appraisal.
That's the point. In the new form it is more explicit and they ask for more analysis. In the old forms it is just a check box.

Reactions: Zoe
That's the point. In the new form it is more explicit and they ask for more analysis. In the old forms it is just a check box.
I was thinking that was problem some people were not following through with on H&B uses analysis on MV definition. That is good.

Remember that is "as if vacant (unimproved)" and "as improved " in MV definition.

I think MV definition is only value definition that requires H&B use analysis.

Last edited:
say it aint so...buy the book, take the class...unbelievable...probably a good 50 more FAQ's in USPAP...and the best part is you have to pay for their forms...suckers :ROFLMAO:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back