• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Welcome to the new 1004

but why does it always seem to be, me looking at you, you looking at me, its always the same, it's just a shame, that's all :rof: :rof: :rof:

It's on Spotify right now probably for the rest of the day. LOL

But why does it always seem to be
Me looking at you, you looking at me
It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

Fannie Mae Gets Gloomier about Home Sales, Buyers’ Strike to Continue Despite Dropping Mortgage Rates & Surging Listings​

As buyers wait for even lower mortgage rates, lower prices, and higher wages. Mortgage rates already dropped to

We’ve been saying this for many months, and now Fannie Mae’s Economic & Strategic Research group is saying the same thing – the Buyers’ Strike is expected to continue despite much lower mortgage rates and a very sharp increase in active listings — because prices are too high:

Although mortgage rates have fallen considerably in recent weeks, we’ve not seen evidence of a corresponding increase in loan application activity, nor has there been an improvement in consumer homebuying sentiment,” Fannie Mae said in the report today, lowering its forecast.

“We think it’s likely that many would-be borrowers are waiting for affordability to improve even further, and that some may be anticipating additional declines in mortgage rates given expectations that the Fed will lower the federal funds target rate,” Fannie Mae said.

everything they touch turns to gold...turns to dust

To be fair none of those things actually did anything to help appraisers or the users, or the public.
Maybe not. The public are rarely our Clients. Those changes were designed to help our second hand Clients... GSEs. But to be fair... my comment was about whiney appraisers.

Last edited:
I assume you’re able to leave a lot of the fields blank or just put n/an or unknown. I don’t think they seriously expect most of that information to be filled out. As appraisers, we do our appraisal inspections to determine the relevant characteristics of the property that pertain to value (I know I read that somewhere). That’s why the inspection is such a critical part of the appraisal process. And many of the items on that form do not pertain to value.

If the Fed thinks they are going to revive the economy by lowering interest rates to zero again, well, gluck wit dat.

If the Fed thinks they are going to revive the economy by lowering interest rates to zero again, well, gluck wit dat.

The uncomfortable truth that no one wants to talk about is Everybody needs to feel a lot of pain for a long time for us to get out of the mess that we’re in right now. Remember when we used to think 9 trillion was a lot of debt? :rof:

Even those cushy government and bank jobs need to be cut by 80%

Even those cushy government and bank jobs need to be cut by 80%
We have seen a huge increase in government hiring since Biden was elected. And, we have seen almost zero growth in jobs for legal Americans, in fact, it may be a negative number. The increase in job numbers is almost entirely attributed to illegal immigrants who have been given temporary status by the current administration. If Kamala is elected, we will see increasing numbers of immigrants flooding the southern border.

I assume you’re able to leave a lot of the fields blank or just put n/an or unknown. I don’t think they seriously expect most of that information to be filled out. As appraisers, we do our appraisal inspections to determine the relevant characteristics of the property that pertain to value (I know I read that somewhere). That’s why the inspection is such a critical part of the appraisal process. And many of the items on that form do not pertain to value.
AMCs probably will. They love volume over substance.

IMO - you are now or will be in the final phase of the takeover of the appraisal industry. You will provide all the necessary information (look carefully at what they ask for-new forms) the original data mining format just required expansion, that is what you're now seeing.

The Public will be in a world of hurt, once the data manipulation begins, after all, who they going after??

Just in case you're wondering:

What's happening?​

The Guardian uncovered that the dirty energy industry sent $5.8 million to RAGA over the last four years. Meanwhile, the "Leo-linked Concord Fund" pushed a staggering $18.8 million to RAGA since 2014.

RAGA uses that money to elect and reelect attorneys general who align with their policies. Once in power, these officials dutifully back their donors' causes, per the Guardian. When it comes to energy, that means shielding the fossil fuel industry from lawsuits and regulations.

Sheldon Whitehouse, a senator from Rhode Island, told the Guardian that it's a "corrupt scheme," where RAGA is "rushing in to provide taxpayer-funded legal services for their polluter funders."

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back