• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Which is the best E&O Insurance company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewynn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
So, I've had Landy Insurance for the past 20 years I have been appraising (Residential only). Now after a bogus lawsuit against me they are not renewing my insurance (big surprise). Does anyone have suggestions or experiences with other E&O providers?

Did they (Landy) settle and pay out, or what?

You can try them all but the best you can do is offer to take on the highest deductible possible - $10k whatever. OREP and LIA are your choices. Or ask for a review with Landy.

Did they (Landy) settle and pay out, or what?

You can try them all but the best you can do is offer to take on the highest deductible possible - $10k whatever. OREP and LIA are your choices. Or ask for a review with Landy.
It's still on going. Thanks. I've seen those two names frequently. I request a review but I was still turned down in the end.

It's still on going.
Hopefully they are still on the hook. I doubt anyone else will write you a policy until it is settled. And in my case, slam dunk it was, that took 2 years almost to the day, to go thru the courts before the US Appeals court put an end to it finally. They never had a case nor a smidgen of a case but I was unable to get insurance then either. As they say,
1696461551790.png

While property has been increasing every year especially past few years over 15%, my E&O rate has been same as long as I can remember.
Do you think having E&O for over 30 years without a claim helped in no increase?

Do you think having E&O for over 30 years without a claim helped in no increase?
Doesn't hurt but I suspect it has more to do with the amount of claims paid out over the years in addition to your record. Again, most companies simply dump you after the first suit or complaint or jack the insurance to high levels.

Doesn't hurt but I suspect it has more to do with the amount of claims paid out over the years in addition to your record. Again, most companies simply dump you after the first suit or complaint or jack the insurance to high levels.
I had a property claim (first one) last year and I thought insurance company was going to dump me.
This year the premium went up 25% and I tried to look for another company.
No other insurance wanted me.:(

So, I've had Landy Insurance for the past 20 years I have been appraising (Residential only). Now after a bogus lawsuit against me they are not renewing my insurance (big surprise). Does anyone have suggestions or experiences with other E&O providers?
Sorry it's a unfair world --but once someone files a lawsuit against you most won't touch you. So you are kinda screwed . All I can say is I wish you luck and that someone will take you on but be prepared to pay Big premiums.

LIA. But here is the reality of E/O, they realize the administrative state always have you by the short hair, as will the attorney they hire, so what are you going to do? On the other side, they will insure you forever, as long as you pay your premiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back