• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Which is the best E&O Insurance company

Status
Not open for further replies.
With E&O, I HAVE to buy it every year. It covers past years appraisals. If I stop, I break that chain.

If I stop, I break that chain.
They might ask for a run ticket from the other insurer. They often will cover some part of it - or, the original carrier may be on the hook if you were covered during the time involved.

They might ask for a run ticket from the other insurer. They often will cover some part of it - or, the original carrier may be on the hook if you were covered during the time involved.
Probably still need to buy it after retirement to cover past appraisals.

I use Biberk.

I like OREP. I'll tell you one thing. Their 14 hours of CE they give you with membership is no joke.

I guarantee you it took me longer than 14 hours to complete it online.

It is almost like if you can't pass these test, we don't want to give you E&O. LOL

There is no blowing through it. There is like a video every few pages that you have to watch. Many tests in the course.

Many of the videos are like 5 to 14 minutes each. Some are probably longer.

Last edited:
For most appraisers... the ones who are careful in their work and are being professional... the answer is..... the cheapest one. A lot of us have E&O insurance only because our Clients require use to have it.

For most appraisers... the ones who are careful in their work and are being professional... the answer is..... the cheapest one. A lot of us have E&O insurance only because our Clients require use to have it.
OREP gives you a different perspective there. Their classes are geared towards, USPAP, SOW, etc and to protect you as an independent appraiser.

They give many examples on intended use and user throughout. Client. The list goes on.

Insurance is such a racket. As far as payback for somebody filing a claim against you, that effectively could end your ability to get insurance coverage and possibly hurt your income stream, I can think of several things that might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back