• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Which is the best E&O Insurance company

Status
Not open for further replies.
They go through scenarios on where most of the claims they have are filed from. Guess whom?

Borrowwer/owner.

lia hasn't raised my bill for a very long time. must be the only business i know not raising their prices on me.

lia hasn't raised my bill for a very long time. must be the only business i know not raising their prices on me.
I was with them a long time. The 14 hours free CE and fee on premium is what made me switch to OREP.

Idk about LIA. OREP does offer free consultation on any claims you think you might have. Then they will provide legal assistance in case of a board issue.

I am sure both would provide legal assistance in a court of law for a fee.

I have Landy. they been very good about premims. Which reminds me to call and notify them that I have retired and won't be renewing in December. The good news is I am over 65 so I don't have to concern myself with a future claim. In other words it won't cost me anything extra for future claims, I be covered.

Reactions: Zoe
I believe probability of an appraiser getting sued is low which is why E&O has increased that much.
When an appraiser gets sue, it's a red flag insurance companies see as "bad business practice" to get someone to file a complaint.

So, I've had Landy Insurance for the past 20 years I have been appraising (Residential only). Now after a bogus lawsuit against me they are not renewing my insurance (big surprise). Does anyone have suggestions or experiences with other E&O providers?
Out of curiosity, what "generally" was the infraction?

If you wanted to stay in the game, you might want to hook up with another appraisal firm and have them sign as supervisor. That way you'd be covered under their E&O. You would take a cut in pay of course.... but you would keep your chops up. Man, sorry for the bad rap.

Out of curiosity, what "generally" was the infraction?

If you wanted to stay in the game, you might want to hook up with another appraisal firm and have them sign as supervisor. That way you'd be covered under their E&O. You would take a cut in pay of course.... but you would keep your chops up. Man, sorry for the bad rap.
It don't work that way with a State board. Your mixing apples with oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back