• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANSI &....

Status
Not open for further replies.
measure to the inch...it's working :rof: :rof: :rof:

Makes me wonder if Fannie is aware that most appraisers are not using ANSI correctly as Fannie intended.
Excellent way to force those clawbacks from banks when a property goes into foreclosure.

dont fret, USPAP doesn't even require you to measure :rof:
:rof: :rof:

I've actually wondered if the wording wasn't intentionally vague so GSE's could contort it to their flavors of the day in the future.

Reminds me of USPAP--how many AO's and FAQ's are we up to now? Yet they banter for months over big vs large and such minutiae.

A well-written document wouldn't need extensive Q&A by a 3rd party.
The Fannie Q & A answers how the document should be applied for the purposes of Fannie reporting. Fannie has no control of how any part of ANSI is written.

fannie had guidelines on how to measure, still do, so they are in full control...gaslighter :rof:

fannie had guidelines on how to measure, still do, so they are in full control...gaslighter :rof:
I just stated the simple facts. Not an opinion on ANSI or how Fannie uses it. You need to look up the definition of 'gaslighting".

Did you tell you teachers in school the same thing when you did not understand what they were saying?
Most of my teachers were not good teachers. They present the topic in class and test questions were very hard.
With appraisers, there's no bell curve. Everyone has to understand the concept. You're giving credit that all appraisers easily understand Fannie.
Fannie needs to be easier to understand as well as USPAP. That's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back