• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute - Am I being neglected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, really, based on that logic, you can t comment on anything to do with the GSEs and the secondary market in general because you're an outsider. :giggle:
The AI is a prof org with paid membership. Their obligations are to the members, not to the non-members like me. That is as it should be.

Their house, their rules.

I find myself quoting myself:

The AI is a prof org with paid membership. Their obligations are to the members, not to the non-members like me. That is as it should be.
The AI has no obligations to the rest of us. They might undertake to advocate for the profession as a whole in furtherance of their own members' interests but they have zero obligations to take seriously my opinions because I am not one of their members.

Oh, really, based on that logic, you can t comment on anything to do with the GSEs and the secondary market in general because you're an outsider. :giggle:

"our" clients. imagine that :rof:
:rof: :rof:

I see that my previous observation completely passed over your head. I guess I have to draw it in crayon. As an appraiser you can join the AI and be a member. You cannot join the GSEs and you have no direct relationship with them.

I see that my previous observation completely passed over your head. I guess I have to draw it in crayon. As an appraiser you can join the AI and be a member. You cannot join the GSEs and you have no direct relationship with them.
I agree George as a non-member my opinion does not carry any weight. With that being said I did attend their meetings years ago but it was licensing that killed the golden goose. Since they were always geared towards the SREA and then MAI designations commercial was not involved with GSE's -FHA-VA etc and so there was no need for them to have relations with those organizations.

The SRA designations was always mostly an- after thought and they did not teach appraisers how to do loan production assignments. This along with State licenses took most incentive way to get a SRA. Today its way to late for them to try and put humpty dumpy back together as that ship sailed. Another problem is most CGs do not need a MAI anymore and not too many new applicants in the program. Like Uncle Billy A retired SREA used to say is the day AI broke off from NAR they lost their cash cow and their political influence and thats why Realtors have so much political clout as NAR has political head bangers located on K Street with the other 900 paid lobbyists. FUNNY- 33 year later and some are still talking about AI and AMCs but that ship sailed away in 1988 and it's not coming back.

Families looking to rebuild flooded Abbotsford homes disheartened after being denied bank loans​

A number of affected homeowners who spoke to CBC News say they've been told by their banks or credit unions their loan applications — home equity, mortgage refinancing and new lines of credit — have been declined or put on hold with no clear timeline because they cannot get their properties appraised.

The organization representing Canada's appraisers says they take their direction from the banks.

banker boys :rof:

Families looking to rebuild flooded Abbotsford homes disheartened after being denied bank loans​

A number of affected homeowners who spoke to CBC News say they've been told by their banks or credit unions their loan applications — home equity, mortgage refinancing and new lines of credit — have been declined or put on hold with no clear timeline because they cannot get their properties appraised.

The organization representing Canada's appraisers says they take their direction from the banks.

banker boys :rof:
No Appraisals because Canada has locked down on Covid-19 Inspections are too unsafe : )

The old you are not a member of the AI or you are a former member so your opinion does not count has been used in this forum for years in order to stop criticism of a failing organizations.

The fact of the matter is between education courses,membership dues and books. I have probably spent close to 5K on AI.

If they were smart they would actually listen to some of the criticism on this forum( both from members,non/members, or former members) and change course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back