• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Asked AI ChatGPT if AI was going to Replace Appraisers...here is what it said back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI won't have an answer in the next drop in prices. They will say we don't have that much liability coverage to cover your losses. Sorry. Can't help you. LOL
Nothing wrong wish the bland, corporate speak grammatically correct , easy to spot chat bot prose esp for uses such as corporate press releases, inter office emails and some essays etc. It's thought process will hit the limits of similar programs, which means they end produce either extremely smart or stupid results, and the challenge becomes is the user able to decipher which is which.

The problem is the appraisers who will auto populate narrative with it and not be diligent enough to review it for relevance. It is just the latest tool for a segment of appraisers who never develop their own relevant analysis anyway, since the operating mode is scour the latest shortcut/software generated "solution" they can plug in .

Which might not be a problem on many appraisals but can conceal problems with other appraisals. These flawed appraisals with slick bot narrative might get client acceptance , and like most problem child appraisals the flaws they might get addressed down the road on the back end.

Last edited:
In about 10 years, maybe even less, forum websites like this will just be bots talking to each other. You'll never know if your interacting with a real person or not.

In about 10 years, maybe even less, forum websites like this will just be bots talking to each other. You'll never know if your interacting with a real person or not.
Depenning on whom you believe, much of social media is already there.

I don't think so in a big downturn or any downturn. Okay, forget a huge downturn. When someone or anyone like a private homeowner gets ready to sell or is being forced to sell, it won't matter, AI's opinion will be on the line on resale.

It won't just apply to single family residential property either. Another reason why if there is a loan on real property that is federally insured, the govt should engage the appraiser directly.

I have no problem if a private party is making the loan. They can do whatever they want on determining value as long as the private party is not federally insured.

They can't replicate a Fernando who tells it as it is.

Nothing wrong wish the bland, corporate speak grammatically correct , easy to spot chat bot prose esp for uses such as corporate press releases, inter office emails and some essays etc. It's thought process will hit the limits of similar programs, which means they end produce either extremely smart or stupid results, and the challenge becomes is the user able to decipher which is which.

The problem is the appraisers who will auto populate narrative with it and not be diligent enough to review it for relevance. It is just the latest tool for a segment of appraisers who never develop their own relevant analysis anyway, since the operating mode is scour the latest shortcut/software generated "solution" they can plug in .

Which might not be a problem on many appraisals but can conceal problems with other appraisals. These flawed appraisals with slick bot narrative might get client acceptance , and like most problem child appraisals the flaws they might get addressed down the road on the back end.
Just wait. You'll see AI get bit in the behind big time. It won't be long. Mark my words.

What goes around comes around. I just don't want my taxpayer dollars paying for their huge forkups.

How will AI pay for the bailout?

I can tell you the answer. No way in hell.

AI will say Idk.

AI will say ask someone else. LOL

How will AI pay for the bailout?

I can tell you the answer. No way in hell.

AI will say Idk.

AI will say ask someone else. LOL
Zoe Jeff is talking about AI ( Artificial Intelligence ) Not ( AI The Appraisal Institute) :) LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back