• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Asked AI ChatGPT if AI was going to Replace Appraisers...here is what it said back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that AI could play a larger role in the real estate appraisal profession in the future. AI-powered systems can analyze large amounts of data quickly and accurately, which could be useful in determining property values. However, it is important to note that real estate appraisal also involves human expertise, such as the ability to assess the condition of a property and consider factors that may not be easily quantifiable. It is likely that AI will be used to assist appraisers in their work, rather than replace them entirely. Additionally, regulatory and legal considerations are also a factor in the appraisal process, so even if AI systems could perform appraisals, they may not be able to sign off on them.

If you haven't checked out Chat GPT...you should. So many people on it, you have to wait a few minutes sometimes but its pretty frigging cool.
Until they make a robot which can walk through a property and analyze the view, noise level, odors, etc, AND until property buyers rely upon these robots to buy their homes for them a good appraiser will still add value. The discussion always seems to ignore the preferences and prejudices of HUMAN home buyers. I recently had to appraise a home in a brand new subdivision and there was a newly built model match which just wasn't selling. I asked the development sales staff why that unit was sitting on the market and they said that it's location at the top of a T-intersection might be putting off some buyers - don't forget the Feng-Shui! But wait, if the AI programmers teach their monster feng-shui would that constitute cultural bias?

I love ChatGPT. I use it to proofread my emails. If I'm stuck on how I want to say something, I can give ChatGPT the gist and it creates something for me. It's such a wonderful writing tool. DO NOT use chatGPT for math calculations or math explanations. It is notoriously inaccurate.

It's so fun to play around with!

View attachment 71729

View attachment 71728
yeah, its a bomb AI:)

'ChatGPT is a “bull**** generator."'

https://gizmodo.com/princeton-chatgpt-AI-1850052613

yeah, its a bomb AI:)
Just FYI: McKissock is offering a free ChatFPT seminar at 12:00 p.m., PST, Wednesday, 02/08/2023.
Sorry: The seminar is being provide at no cost by Spark For Appraisers clients rather than McKissock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back