• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Class Action For The Theft Of Appraisers’ Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
That much coin, eh? Several? Seems like a small number? :)
I dont think it would be a small number at all. Besides, how many appraisers are making anything off CU or SE?

If AIRD had been embraced and there was a national database of appraiser data collected since 2000, what would that be worth today? And if half of its worth went to the appraisers who contributed the data? Did you see what was paid for FNC?

Last edited:

There is much irony in this song. Sometimes we cross lines where there is no going back. Ask Wells Fargo.

You are right about one thing, if appraiser had embraced AIRD several would have realized some very serious coin.

sev·er·al

/ˈsev(ə)rəl/
determiner & pronoun

more than two but not many.
"the author of several books"
synonyms: some, a number of, a few;

adjective

separate or respective.
"the two levels of government sort out their several responsibilities"

synonyms: respective, individual, own, particular, specific;

Last edited:
Are you being critical of my word choice to avoid answering my question? How many appraisers are recieving ANY financial benefit from CU or DE? I would suggest that regardless of the number who would have benefitted from AIRD, it would be significantly more than those now benefitting financially from systems that do not compensate appraisers for the data. :)

Yes, sign up.... and show the world you did did not know what you have been signing for all these years :)

View attachment 37351

I don't understand those that seemingly disconnect the portions of Cert 21 from the last portion in parentheses.

(You know, the part that defines what uses require the appraisers' consent.) That part sure looks like it restricts the money making parts of the "distribution".

I don't understand those that seemingly disconnect the portions of Cert 21 from the last portion in parentheses.

(You know, the part that defines what uses require the appraisers' consent.) That part sure looks like it restricts the money making parts of the "distribution".
There is a "disconnect" because the second sentence doe sot apply to any party addressed in the first sentence. A simple reading of the text shows that the second sentence only applies to parties other than those addressed in the first sentence (which includes data collection and reporting services).

upload_2018-10-24_7-27-46.png

Nothing in the wording restricts what the parties addressed in the first sentence may do with a report one received, and the prohibition on adding limiting conditions means that an appraiser cannot add such a restriction. Stating the Intended Use merely communicates the appraiser's intent. It does not limit other uses that might not be intended by the appraiser. It means an appraiser would not be responsible for other uses, but does not prohibit them.

upload_2018-10-24_7-31-46.png

Many appraisers have signed Fannie forms for years without thoroughly reading what they were signing. Although Fannie did not start collecting data until 2011, it is pretty clear that they were preparing to collect long before they started collecting.

Denial: Not a river in Egypt.

The certs and USPAP requires the appraiser to be independent also. hahahaha

Cert 12 requires the appraiser to have access to public and Private (CU) data sources. So much for the certs.

Thought to came to my mind is that FNMA has a huge database. The value of this is unimaginable to me.. I doubt FNMA is giving any of that away for free. Maybe Corelogic has a deal but I can't imagine it is very cheap. So to circumvent or should I say tap into that data base at the source is the only way they can get it without paying mega bucks to FNMA.

Does that make any sense?

So the only way to somewhat circumvent them is to use a different software provider and create your own back up system of prior appraisals.

I don't use the Corelogic/alamode Vault. I have it but I just don't use it. Mem Cards are cheap. You could make a duplicate to be ultra-safe.

Like I said before once they go to cloud your cooked.

MLS is a private data source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back