• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Going back to the gym

Fernando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I got a letter today. My gym has gone under bankruptcy. After 35+ years and now out of business. :cryingsmiley:

NP_MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Well....I can't stand it anymore, after watching my upper body wither away due to the cardio, I am heading back to the gym. I have found a great deal of enjoyment in riding a bike, which is something I hadn't done in 20 years. I think I'll continue to ride a couple of times a week for cardio, but I have to get back to lifting.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
A county next to mine opened up to gyms so I've been going there last week. My waist size has gain a half an inch since a month w/o the gym.
I try to set my appraisal appts near that gym so I can go there at least once a week.
I no longer afraid of going to the gym as long as I and everyone are wearing masks.
I admit my guard is down. I'm worry more when winter comes.

Fresh Start

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
A county next to mine opened up to gyms so I've been going there last week. My waist size has gain a half an inch since a month w/o the gym.
I try to set my appraisal appts near that gym so I can go there at least once a week.
I no longer afraid of going to the gym as long as I and everyone are wearing masks.
I admit my guard is down. I'm worry more when winter comes.
Get a Tire, a nice medium truck sized one and you got a gym! Cardio and strength training at the same time. I've slowly moved away from complexity to simplicity with everything. Did the gym routine for many years, then moved to blow-flex for long time, followed by total gym, which is a damn good tool and then finally to a tire. Tire wins! I got a whole routine that takes about 30 minutes, full body, cardio and strength, try it and you'll love it.

Reactions: DTB

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
I'm not disciplined. The machines are easier because each work on certain muscle. After 40 minutes, I done. I particularly use the back machines because my back hurts from typing those darn reports hours on.
After the workout on my muscles, I feel better and can continue going back to my man cave and grind them out.

Fresh Start

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I definitely understand the discipline part, had to build it slowly. My back was the main issue as well, lower and upper. My wife introduced me to a rub called - deep blue, and that works really good. I'm just coming back to the business so not that busy yet but getting my stockpile of deep blue ready lol.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
Good time to get back in. There's not enough appraisers to take all of clients' orders thus we are in control of our fees.
Feel like a gold rush here. My wife tells me to not take so many orders but I can't help it. I love easy money.
I've been raising my fees slowly knowing I can't do all their orders. Some orders are difficult which no appraiser willing to take them so you can charge a high premium.
Some clients pay low so forget them. Others willing to pay what you want.
They want a reason why I'm charging so much. I want to say it's the market but I give a more acceptable reason.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
My use to favorite lender finally raised their fee but still below $450. It's still below market fee but it's an improvement.
The market takes care of itself when appraisers can do appraisals for higher pay with other clients.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
Yeah. My gym is reopening again tomorrow. No need to go to next county.
It makes sense since counties next to each other are interconnected.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks