• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

They are also trying to stop others with their assistance. I know that firsthand and from my friends that are on the ground, trying to help.

Don't be a troll and prove it with with specific FACTS and name whom they are and specific location.

WNC taxpayer: Looks like I am paying $750 in taxes this year...
Sorry I spent the rest
$750??
I don't know where they're sending these troops, but they don't have a big presence here in north carolina. They are also trying to stop others with their assistance. I know that firsthand and from my friends that are on the ground, trying to help.
Sometimes, FEMA or the National Guard will stop civilians from helping because the civilians can get hurt. There can be downed live power lines under the water, nails and sharp objects hidden or a structure weakened that can collapse.

A Republican senator in the North Carolina legislature has issued a public plea for people to stop spreading conspiracy theories about the disaster recovery efforts in areas ravaged by flooding from Hurricane Helene.
In a Thursday afternoon Facebook post, state Sen. Kevin Corbin, who represents the state’s westernmost area, asked his followers for a favor: “Will you all help STOP this conspiracy theory junk that is floating all over Facebook and the internet about the floods in WNC.”

Corbin listed several examples: “FEMA is stealing money from donations, body bags ordered but government has denied, bodies not being buried, government is controlling the weather from Antarctica, government is trying to get lithium from WNC, stacks of bodies left at hospitals, and on and on and on.”
Since making landfall last week and churning inland, the storm has killed more than 200 people across six states, with more than 70 of those deaths in Asheville and western North Carolina.

The conspiracy theories and misinformation about the federal government’s response to the disaster have gotten so out of control that the Federal Emergency Management Agency created an entire page on its website, “Hurricane Helene: Rumor Response,” aimed at countering unverified claims circulating online.
“Misinformation always affects the people who are trying to help and the people who need the help,” Willie Nunn, a senior FEMA official currently helping to lead the disaster response in South Carolina,

My girlfriend lives real close to the South Carolina line. There is a large Convenience store just inside s. carolina off of I-85.

This doesn't surprise me. My girlfriends Son is NC law enforcement. He has no jurisdiction in South Carolina...But that is not stopping him and other LEO's from going into South Carolina to warn this one store to not price gouge. South Carolina LEO's are doing the same thing.

SC

NC

I went with my daughter to the mountain house up in Ashville/Black Mountain/Marion area. I knew we were gonna be in for some rain.... but instead the whole countryside around me exploded. I couldn't walk twenty feet down the road without a huge tree blocking. When we finally cut the trees out of the street, I was on... i
I thought I would make my way to asheville. There I saw houses, stores, cars, and semis floating away. It was all surreal. Everything was out. We had no food, no water, no electricity, no internet, no gasoline. We tried different ways to get out, but to no avail. Finally, on sunday with barely an eighth of a tank of gas, we headed out of Asheville, on i26. I was running on fumes after a while, and they came across one gas station that had electricity. I waited and I long line around the block. Finally, I was able to get thirty dollars worth of gas cash only. We made it home.
So many weren't that lucky. FEMA has been dragging its feet. I don't think the country realizes the devastation that this storm created. Who would guess that a hurricane that dropped no rain upon entering florida flooded a mountain range five hundred miles away and twenty five hundred feet up in the air.
There are a lot of conspiracies going around and i don't know exactly what's going on, but something isn't right. They aren't letting med teams up. Threatening to arrest a trained guy with a helicopter trying to save some people.
Entire towns have been washed away. Water going over a dam at one point had more water flowing over it then the niagara falls. Interstate 40 will take a year to open backup.
Harris offered seven hundred and fifty dollars... Unless you're an illegal, then you get twenty five hundred dollars for just breaking into the country.

They need so much help there. Please help them if you can.

I think some company in extreme east TN got sued because employees wanted to leave and company said no not until we tell you that you can leave.

Not a good situation. I think some are already found dead.

I can see lawsuits flying right and left in some cases. It won't bring back the dead. But I am sure the lawyers are camping out waiting on phone calls.

I don't get it. You can't make this stuff up on a hurricane killing so many and destroying so much property this far off the coast.

That is like Trump wanting to deport millions of immigrants. How do you do that?

How could TN or NC or SC deported these people to safety?

I went with my daughter to the mountain house up in Ashville/Black Mountain/Marion area. I knew we were gonna be in for some rain.... but instead the whole countryside around me exploded. I couldn't walk twenty feet down the road without a huge tree blocking. When we finally cut the trees out of the street, I was on... i
I thought I would make my way to asheville. There I saw houses, stores, cars, and semis floating away. It was all surreal. Everything was out. We had no food, no water, no electricity, no internet, no gasoline. We tried different ways to get out, but to no avail. Finally, on sunday with barely an eighth of a tank of gas, we headed out of Asheville, on i26. I was running on fumes after a while, and they came across one gas station that had electricity. I waited and I long line around the block. Finally, I was able to get thirty dollars worth of gas cash only. We made it home.
So many weren't that lucky. FEMA has been dragging its feet. I don't think the country realizes the devastation that this storm created. Who would guess that a hurricane that dropped no rain upon entering florida flooded a mountain range five hundred miles away and twenty five hundred feet up in the air.
There are a lot of conspiracies going around and i don't know exactly what's going on, but something isn't right. They aren't letting med teams up. Threatening to arrest a trained guy with a helicopter trying to save some people.
Entire towns have been washed away. Water going over a dam at one point had more water flowing over it then the niagara falls. Interstate 40 will take a year to open backup.
Harris offered seven hundred and fifty dollars... Unless you're an illegal, then you get twenty five hundred dollars for just breaking into the country.

They need so much help there. Please help them if you can.
Are you freaking kidding?

Where the freak f** do you get this crap from? That Harris is only offering $750? Look up FEMA assistance and grants - individuals get thousands and tens of thousands of $ and towns can get millions of dollars. However, it is not handed out overnight; the cleanup and rebuilding take months and years.
It has NOTHING to do with illegal aliens -

Ther is no conspiracy theory. And FEMA is not dragging its feet They are already on the ground and spread out helping a massive area. They are also a bear can, and many of them are working around the clock behind the scenes.

And why did not whoever posted have gas in their car and jugs of water and a few bits of food in their house? People have to take some simple personal resposnbity to be prepared if a storm hits or there i sa massive power outage.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back