• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

This is the first time it was brought to my attention... otherwise I would have complained earlier.
Why do you think this is the 1st time it has been brought to your attention (and to the attention of MAGA)....

70+ years of disasters and this is the 1st time this has been "brought to your attention"....

Good grief ResGuy.... :peace:

Why do you think this is the 1st time it has been brought to your attention (and to the attention of MAGA)....

70+ years of disasters and this is the 1st time this has been "brought to your attention"....

Good grief ResGuy.... :peace:
Good grief. I think it's wrong then and it's wrong now, regardless of me not knowing of it at the time.

Good grief. I think it's wrong then and it's wrong now, regardless of me not knowing of it at the time.
You're the appraiser....
Why do you think 2024 is year that this "protocol" has been brought up....

In a bad storm and its aftermath , the poor or marginal workers are more vulnerable and hard hit - they might lack home insurance, their houses can be more cheaply built, they have less savings to carry them if they lose their job, or have to move etc. Some people also have friends and family to help or shelter them and some don;'t and that also makes a big difference.,

They might need govt assistance more than those who are better off.

I have lived through Andrew and other storms here and saw the aftermath to rebuilding over a period of years and saw how it affected people. FEMA is built to assist an area not just immeidealy but for a long duration. It makes me sick to see certain agenda folks jumping all over them as if they are supposed to deploy in an instant and suddenly be everywhere.

Many FEMA personnel are contractors, and they have to leave where they live and work to travel to teh affected area; FEMA has to organize transport supplies and equipment, get clearance etc, and with a large geo area, especially with multiple states affected, they can be stretched thin. After the first wave of volunteers leaves and the media packs up and the various politicians had their photo ops, FEMA grinds on, a govt bureaucracy many pay no attention to until they need their help

Another one is headed right towards central Florida Gulf coast side. Looks like will hit more towards the center and south and cross right over florida into the atlantic ocean. They are already trying to get people to evacuate the coast line and either head north or further inland. Talking maybe 10 ft. storm surge right on the coast line.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back