• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

This has already been fact checked. It is a partial truth.

focus on the agency was fueled when Mayorkas said last week that FEMA does "not have the funds to make it through the season," although he said it did have enough for "immediate needs." The administration has pushed for Congress to return and pass a spending bill to provide additional funding for the hurricane season.

But the questions over funding led critics to look at the $650 million provided for grants to help illegal immigrants in the Shelter and Services Program (SSP). It led to accusations, including from former President Trump, that money that could have gone to disaster relief was being diverted. The administration pointed to the fact that the funding is congressionally appropriated and is separate from the much larger Disaster Relief Fund. But Republicans have still expressed concern that an "entanglement" in the border crisis has had a knock-on effect.
The version posted was that Myorkas said the FEMA money was not available for Americans because it was spent to fund illegal immigration. He never said that and it is not the case, as you now explain above,.

Just state the facts from the first time out - FOX/your preferred sources mix a kernel of truth wrapped up in falsehoods- idk why people of integrity like yourself want to trust those sources, but fact checking them before posting, we would all benefit.

The version posted was that Myorkas said the FEMA money was not available for Americans because it was spent to fund illegal immigration. He never said that and it is not the case, as you now explain above,.

Just state the facts from the first time out - FOX/your preferred sources mix a kernel of truth wrapped up in falsehoods- idk why people of integrity like yourself want to trust those sources, but fact checking them before posting, we would all benefit.
I spend money on a ferrarri. I can't pay my bills. I claim the money for the ferrarri was in a seperate bucket.
Well I have enough for my immediate needs and I can always borrow money.

So buyingt he ferrarri had nothing to do with me not being able to pay my bills.

We had quadrouple the border crossings under Biden, and we spent more money under FEMA per news reports. Yes if it was earmarked for illegal migrants instead of disaster relief you can blame congress.

Well it is congress that allocates all funding into different buckets of cash. Here is the rub. Most taxpayers do not really understand all the back scratching, wheeling and dealing our elected representatives do during the budget process. FEMA is getting low on funding Alejandro Nicholas Mayorkas can't move money from immigrant resettlement bucket over to disaster fund bucket. So congress will have to come back in session and PRINT more money to refill the disaster fund. They maybe will reduce other budget funding or move some around because We don't have the money, or the treasury will just keep on and on and on printing money. That's inflationary so we all will feel this.

So all of this is coming to a head. Should we reduce or take money from all the countries we support with foreign aide? No, that won't happen.
How lucky for kamala. The Peeps in the mountain of nc. tenn, and georgia may not be able to vote. This could help kamala aka Ka Kackles to win north carolina.

forgive me, I may have posted this already
Focus on the agency was fueled when Mayorkas said last week that FEMA does "not have the funds to make it through the season," although he said it did have enough for "immediate needs." The administration has pushed for Congress to return and pass a spending bill to provide additional funding for the hurricane season.

But the questions over funding led critics to look at the $650 million provided for grants to help illegal immigrants in the Shelter and Services Program (SSP). It led to accusations, including from former President Trump, that money that could have gone to disaster relief was being diverted. The administration pointed to the fact that the funding is congressionally appropriated and is separate from the much larger Disaster Relief Fund. But Republicans have still expressed concern that an "entanglement" in the border crisis has had a knock-on effect.

There are all kinds of cars flooded in many of these areas if you watch videos on the news. Where will those cars go?

I don't want one of them.

If it don't bother you, you might be able to buy a very expensive vehicle at a very cheap price.

Coast guard just found somebody floating in the Gulf of Mexico in a cooler. They said when he lost communication with coast guard and a coast guard chopper rescued him floating in a cooler in the Gulf of Mexico hours later. Said he was very experienced mariner.

Him and that cooler are probably attached for life. No, my cooler is not for sale.

Last edited:
"Most taxpayers do not really understand all the back scratching, wheeling and dealing our elected representatives do during the budget process."

Older taxpayers and people in general know this happens....
Do you blame the chicken or the egg....

Hurricane / Gvmnt. did y'all miss this ;

Oct. 10 (UPI) -- TD Bank, the 10th largest bank in the United States, has agreed to pay penalties of more than $3 billion to settle charges of money laundering, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

TD Bank N.A., an American subsidiary of the Toronto-based TD Bank Group, also pleaded guilty to conspiring to fail to maintain an anti-money laundering program that complies with the U.S. Bank Secrecy Act and failing to file accurate Currency Transaction Reports, prosecutors said.

With the plea deal, TD Bank became the largest bank in U.S. history to plead guilty to Bank Secrecy Act program failures, and the first U.S. bank in history to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit money laundering, Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

The bank will pay $1.8 billion to the Justice Department and $1.3 billion to the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network -- a record fine for a bank.

The total assets of TD's two U.S. banking subsidiaries will be capped at $434 billion.

"By making its services convenient for criminals, TD Bank became one," he said in a statement. "TD Bank chose profits over compliance with the law -- a decision that is now costing the bank billions of dollars in penalties. Let me be clear: our investigation continues, and no individual involved in TD Bank's illegal conduct is off limits."

The DOJ accused the bank knowing of the risks its lax oversight carried for exploitation by criminals but purposely did nothing about it in order to keep costs down, making it an "easy target" for the "bad guys."

Reactions: Zoe
Hurricane / Gvmnt. did y'all miss this ;

Oct. 10 (UPI) -- TD Bank, the 10th largest bank in the United States, has agreed to pay penalties of more than $3 billion to settle charges of money laundering, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

TD Bank N.A., an American subsidiary of the Toronto-based TD Bank Group, also pleaded guilty to conspiring to fail to maintain an anti-money laundering program that complies with the U.S. Bank Secrecy Act and failing to file accurate Currency Transaction Reports, prosecutors said.

With the plea deal, TD Bank became the largest bank in U.S. history to plead guilty to Bank Secrecy Act program failures, and the first U.S. bank in history to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit money laundering, Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

The bank will pay $1.8 billion to the Justice Department and $1.3 billion to the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network -- a record fine for a bank.

The total assets of TD's two U.S. banking subsidiaries will be capped at $434 billion.

"By making its services convenient for criminals, TD Bank became one," he said in a statement. "TD Bank chose profits over compliance with the law -- a decision that is now costing the bank billions of dollars in penalties. Let me be clear: our investigation continues, and no individual involved in TD Bank's illegal conduct is off limits."

The DOJ accused the bank knowing of the risks its lax oversight carried for exploitation by criminals but purposely did nothing about it in order to keep costs down, making it an "easy target" for the "bad guys."
MAGA folks follow the party line and want to pin all problems on immigrants, including FEMA needing more cash for upcoming claims-

Yet they are fine with tax cheats starving the revenue of billions of dollars and fraud such as above for 1.8 billion - the democrats passed a bill to fund the IRS ( which Republicans fought ) to go after years of wealthy tax cheats owing an estimated 180 billion, they recovered first billion. if they get in office they will overturn it -why collect hundreds of billions in unpaid taxes from the rich when they can get their base all riled up half a billion allocated to migrants?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back