• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Let’s Get This Signed And Out There Please

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 122624
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to refrain from dignifying this tangent with a substantiative response and I highly recommend others consider doing likewise.

I'm going to refrain from dignifying this tangent with a substantiative response and I highly recommend others consider doing likewise.

Great because there are more than 2,400 signatures to the petition now.

Great. I highly encourage anyone who thinks it productive to support the petition. (which comment, BTW, is intended as a segue back to the topic of this thread)

I'm glad we all came together for this one. I got an email from appraisalbuzz, mel black, all of the educator schools, software providers, the AI, and from every state PAC.

We all have been contacting our senators and legislators on this subject on hybrid appraisals and how avms may replace 60,000 appraisers.

HA. THEN I WOKE UP......

I'm glad we all came together for this one. I got an email from appraisalbuzz, mel black, all of the educator schools, software providers, the AI, and from every state PAC.

We all have been contacting our senators and legislators on this subject on hybrid appraisals and how avms may replace 60,000 appraisers.

HA. THEN I WOKE UP......

We're here for you.

:amigos:

Everything changes. Tic...Toc....Tic....Toc..,,

Then why did you bring it up, and invent that little story?

Says the guy who disappeared from the forum for more than a decade. So what did you miss? HVCC, Dodd Frank, IFR, AMC Final Rule, multiple AMCs closing shop owning millions and millions of dollars to appraisers, 5-8 USPAP changes. But you know how it all should be, and a way to stand up, without petitions and protections, well son, what are standing up for, and how are you standing up? Flowery speech?

Circularly illogical.

Meanwhile,
2,336 people have signed the petition, perhaps you should too, heck risk your salary and use a fake name.

https://www.change.org/p/federal-re...loans-we-don-t-trust-banks-without-appraisers

However, click the links I previously provided, read that in 2007, the posts were complaining about hybrid appraisals, ROVs, low pay from AMCs, work disappearing when the value is not made (and that was before HVCC)

More than a decade later, the posts are still complaining about, hybrid appraisals, ROVs, low pay from AMCs, work disappearing when the value is not made

I am not sure what little story I made up. I simply pointed out the fact that appraisers were crying and complaining about undue influence and circulating petitions and talking about forming unions so tgat somebody in the world would come in and protect them. We got HVCC and everything that followed as a result.

To me this looks like the same thing. Appraisers signing petitions so that they will once again be protected from something. Be careful what you ask for because you might just get it and it will come with strings and conditions and when that happens just remember that you stood in line and bought a ticket to take that ride.

I am sure that I did disappear from the forum when this industry got destroyed. I abandoned residential appraising for a decade and just did commercial appraising and brokerage.

Maybe some find valor in having suffered through all of that. For me, I was very happy to take my toys and apply them in a different segment of this industry.

I am not sure what little story I made up. I simply pointed out the fact that appraisers were crying and complaining about undue influence and circulating petitions and talking about forming unions so tgat somebody in the world would come in and protect them. We got HVCC and everything that followed as a result.

To me this looks like the same thing. Appraisers signing petitions so that they will once again be protected from something. Be careful what you ask for because you might just get it and it will come with strings and conditions and when that happens just remember that you stood in line and bought a ticket to take that ride.

I am sure that I did disappear from the forum when this industry got destroyed. I abandoned residential appraising for a decade and just did commercial appraising and brokerage.

Maybe some find valor in having suffered through all of that. For me, I was very happy to take my toys and apply them in a different segment of this industry.

Lol. You don’t see the big picture. They want the easiest way to get deals done now. Get the deal done. They know times are changing. They always do.

We are on the brink of a drawback in the market. Banks don’t like that. Good bankers do. I can already see it happening in my market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back