• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

National Appraiser Boycott

That is why petitions and boycotts will never have enough participants to get anything done. I certainly understand. Thankful I don't have to live in fear.
It's about being respectful and honoring the good people that employ me by keeping my personal opinion and their larger business concerns separate. There is no fear. If I bring a sh^tstorm down on my head because I say something here then it's only on me...no stain will transfer to them. Lot of assumptions implied in your viewpoint on the topic. Consider that the reality you perceive may not match the reality others live.

...and ya...boycotts will never work but there are certainly more weighty reasons than folks having an internet handle.
 
The Boycotts been Boycotted..lol
Since you're not appraising anymore and you got yours..... you appear to be taking great joy in appraisers getting F***ED....

You wonder why we have yhese whack job, DSA politicians suggesting to disband police departments and let all the prisoners out. Go full-on socialism... Because it's not just appraising.... all kinds of employment sectors, vocations, white collar professions.... feel they're getting F***ED.

Never has there been such an outcry that "the system is rigged" then there is now. Soaring living costs, wage stagnation, and corporate wealth accumulation.... out and out greed and corruption.

The powers that be better get their s**t together.... otherwise, January 6th riots on the capital will look like a walk in the park.
 
Since you're not appraising anymore and you got yours..... you appear to be taking great joy in appraisers getting F***ED....

You wonder why we have yhese whack job, DSA politicians suggesting to disband police departments and let all the prisoners out. Go full-on socialism... Because it's not just appraising.... all kinds of employment sectors, vocations, white collar professions.... feel they're getting F***ED.

Never has there been such an outcry that "the system is rigged" then there is now. Soaring living costs, wage stagnation, and corporate wealth accumulation.... out and out greed and corruption.

The powers that be better get their s**t together.... otherwise, January 6th riots on the capital will look like a walk in the park.
Actually we are appraising and the private customers are more fee sensitive then lenders. Politically I see why young people will gravitate towards Socialism or Communism and I've said many times we're going hard left or hard right and that the two party systems broken way beyond fixing.
 
Maybe not a Union but something more like a Credit Union.

An AMC run by Appraisers (or ex-Appraisers if legally required) for Appraisers. Tell banks they will get a better quality Appraisal because more of their money is going to be people doing the work, and its not a Race To The Bottom of cutting corners.

Ask the banks why they are risking THEIR $500,000 mortgage so some AMC can take $200 of a measly $600 Appraisal Fee.

On a side note, its seem wrong that Govt Backed Mortgages are 100% bailed out by Govt when they go bad. Sure the bank is likely going to lose money sorting the mess out, but seems they should be on the hook for SOMETHING, even just 5-10%.

And when I say "ask banks" I really mean "ask their major shareholders". Tell them AMC's have created another "Big Short" waiting to happen.
Might get on the news.
 
Last edited:
I understand the need to “give it to the man” and boycott. Just let’s be realistic on who caused all this nonsense with low fees. It was in fact big government that ruined competitiveness and created the system we are now under. I went from hundreds of clients to maybe at most 10 when the HVCC came into play. Who gave us that? The GSE’s basically dictate the mortgage industry. Why do we have the 2.6 or the 3.6? Banks don’t give a crap. Until the GSEs are out of that role, we will continue to see the demise of the appraisal industry. And the banks seldom care about appraisers until they can’t find one. They only care about one thing…making loans. And that is a competitive business; especially now.

If you didn’t raise your fees during the rush when interest rates were low, you missed a golden opportunity to educate lenders and AMCs. But with low volume and desperate appraisers it’s simply supply and demand. If you are in an area with lots of appraisers, expect low fees. If you are like me “retired” then I just won’t work for less than what I ask.

Having said all that I do understand. I got in this business at the right time, and I am getting out of this at the right time. Lucky I guess.

Markets can be good for producers or bad for producers. I think of my farmer friends and relatives. Good years and bad years. But one thing markets do is they cull out the weak and favor the strong. People that don’t know how to run a business go broke, and those that do make a profit. I wouldn’t want it any other way.
 
Last edited:
Maybe not a Union but something more like a Credit Union.

An AMC run by Appraisers (or ex-Appraisers if legally required) for Appraisers. Tell banks they will get a better quality Appraisal because more of their money is going to be people doing the work, and its not a Race To The Bottom of cutting corners.

Ask the banks why they are risking THEIR $500,000 mortgage so some AMC can take $200 of a measly $600 Appraisal Fee.

On a side note, its seem wrong that Govt Backed Mortgages are 100% bailed out by Govt when they go bad. Sure the bank is likely going to lose money sorting the mess out, but seems they should be on the hook for SOMETHING, even just 5-10%.

And when I say "ask banks" I really mean "ask their major shareholders". Tell them AMC's have created another "Big Short" waiting to happen.
Might get on the news.
Petitions require real names. Not made-up cartoon names. My guess is that anyone unwilling to use their real name on a forum will damn sure not sign a petition that every AMC and lender will see.
 
Maybe we should all just take a vacation at the same time, I'm thinking November is good month to take off, nice autumn weather and Thanksgiving
 
Petitions require real names. Not made-up cartoon names. My guess is that anyone unwilling to use their real name on a forum will damn sure not sign a petition that every AMC and lender will see.
The upteenth time you pedaled that crap. I use a screen name here and used my real name when I signed the last appraiser petition. (against lender pressure ) Many here told you the reason they use screen names, and yet here you are with your arrogant, baseless charge.

Did you sign the appraiser petition?

If I had to guess, I would bet the answer is no.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top